32 inch TV what decent smart tv

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
But they do support wifi direct so I am able to cast you tube to the Samsung TV but it says casting a picture is not supported what other apps use wifi direct I only found YouTube and can't find a way to cast my screen or other uses.of wifi direct. Would like to cast pictures

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Moto doesn't support casting natively, only via a Chromecast

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Moto doesn't support casting natively, only via a Chromecast

I am able to cast to WiFi direct using YouTube. But it won't support casting pictures . It's an interesting feature seems under utilized

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am able to cast to WiFi direct using YouTube. But it won't support casting pictures . It's an interesting feature seems under utilized

Stock Android doesn't support casting without a Chromecast. Moto uses stock Android. If you want to cast with stock Android you need a Chromecast. Even my Pixel doesn't support it unless I use a Chromecast. That's just the way stock Android is coded.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Stock Android doesn't support casting without a Chromecast. Moto uses stock Android. If you want to cast with stock Android you need a Chromecast. Even my Pixel doesn't support it unless I use a Chromecast. That's just the way stock Android is coded.

But I am able to cast with YouTube without Chromecast with direct wifi. Are you saying YouTube is not using stock Android features. And Moto does have direct wifi as option just only seems to work with you tube on tv.

Cast your moto g8 plus screen to TV - Motorola Support - IN

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
But I am able to cast with YouTube without Chromecast with direct wifi. Are you saying YouTube is not using stock Android features. And Moto does have direct wifi as option just only seems to work with you tube on tv.

Cast your moto g8 plus screen to TV - Motorola Support - IN

I'm not sure how else to say it....stock Android does not have native cast functionality. Maybe one app can use Wi-Fi direct? I don't know. But stock Android doesn't have native "cast" functionality, unless you use a Chromecast, or a smart TV with Chromecast built in. Some manufacturers like Samsung (and maybe LG & others) build native cast functionality into their Android phone skin. But it's not part of Google's stock Android. Google wants us to use a Chromecast. I don't know why you can do that with YouTube. But you won't cast pictures or your screen with a Moto without a Chromecast, or a TV with Chromecast built in.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I noticed and found on Samsung's website that smartthings apps seems to be kicked off every time you refresh Facebook on your phone with a prompt on your TV wicked anoying. It asks to allow or deny both which do nothing. I wonder how Facebook app is linked to smarthings

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra

Not sure about that as I can cast anything on my phone to my Samsung TV on my Note 10 Plus, OnePlus 6T, LG G7 and OnePlus 7 Pro wirelessly without using Chromecast or any added app. My TV doesn't have Chromecast added, just a plain smart tv.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Not sure about that as I can cast anything on my phone to my Samsung TV on my Note 10 Plus, OnePlus 6T, LG G7 and OnePlus 7 Pro wirelessly without using Chromecast or any added app. My TV doesn't have Chromecast added, just a plain smart tv.
I know it's not possible on any Moto phone since 2013 and not on my Pixel 4 either. This has been hotly debated (I mean like angry, violent posts) on the Moto Forum since 2013 and Moto's answer has always been...."Google doesn't include this in their stock Android code so we don't add it into our launcher...."

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
I know it's not possible on any Moto phone since 2013 and not on my Pixel 4 either. This has been hotly debated (I mean like angry, violent posts) on the Moto Forum since 2013 and Moto's answer has always been...."Google doesn't include this in their stock Android code so we don't add it into our launcher...."

I'm pretty sure Google just wants to sell more Chromecasts, as if they aren't rich enough already. I've never had a Moto phone besides the Nexus 6 and that was Google, had the Nexus 1 and Nexus 4 but they were before smart TV's.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm pretty sure Google just wants to sell more Chromecasts, as if they aren't rich enough already. I've never had a Moto phone besides the Nexus 6 and that was Google, had the Nexus 1 and Nexus 4 but they were before smart TV's.
I agree, Google wants to push everyone into buying a Chromecast. It's obviously very easy for manufacturers to add this into their launcher / their skin or companies like Samsung, LG, etc would not add it. I have nothing against Chromecast, I own 2 and use them all the time. They are fantastic and very inexpensive these days, a cheap way to cast your entire screen to a TV. But why not add this into the stock Android code? Oh .... because then no one would ever buy a Chromecast.

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
The top 3 would be:
LG CX OLED Series
Samsung Q950T QLED TV
Sony A8H OLED

Best mid-range TV: Samsung Q80T QLED TV

Best budget TV: TCL 6-Series QLED with MiniLED (R635)