30$ internet usage

Afgroyalty

Reaction score
So i got the $30 internet package for my droid eris and was wondering can i be online as much as i want. Like i can watch as many videos and do waht ev i want online? or is their a limit. I didnt understand the difference between the 45 dollar and 30 dollar one so can someone explain please. TYVM :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Zecpull

Reaction score
yes...You can run Pandora Radio 24/7 and download anything you want..Unlimited means just that..Ive been on the unlimited since Nov..and not coming close to 5gig...but I know guys that have hit 14 +

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The difference between the plans as I understand it is one is for business people(45 dollar) to get exchange, and tether. I use the 30 dollar plan since tether technically isn't available for the droid. Used about 5 gigs this month downloading ROMS and tether.

bllarkin

Reaction score
The $45 plan is usually charged to business people. In the case of Blackberries, it allows them connect to a Blackberry Exchange Server (for Microsoft Exchange email). In the case of the Droid, it makes no difference whatsoever.

SGTiger

Reaction score
Doesn't Verizon's so called unlimited data plan actually have a 5GB cap? Is that no longer true?

eliassami5

Reaction score
There is NO cap for using the unlimited plan..that is if you are using it as it was intended. If you are tethering and you run up your usage to a suspicious amount then VZW will investigate and charge you if they find that you are tethering. This is very rare and you should not worry...just dont go dling 100g movies while being tethered.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
@ thebowers: the 45 plan is only exchange. Even if they offered tethering for the droid it would be an additional fee.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is NO cap for using the unlimited plan..that is if you are using it as it was intended. If you are tethering and you run up your usage to a suspicious amount then VZW will investigate and charge you if they find that you are tethering. This is very rare and you should not worry...just dont go dling 100g movies while being tethered.

^^^ This is the correct answer. It's questionable whether VZW can determine from your data usage that you are "tethering." However, if you are downloading an "excessive" amount of data (in VZW's opinion) you are likely to hear from them.

Although I have not heard of it being done, I suspect that they would "recommend" that you sign up for a broadband account if you're going to be downloading such large amounts of "data." But since the $60 per month broadband plan actually DOES have a 5 gigabyte limit, it's unclear how that would benefit the consumer.

The bottom line is that all carriers (including internet providers like Comcast) are concerned about overloading their networks (whether WiFi or 3G.) And it's only going to get worse as the number of devices capable of downloading video content proliferate.

This whole area is in a state of flux as carriers try on the one hand to protect the performance of their networks and on the other hand try to gain competitive advantage by offering plans such as "unlimited" data downloads.

jakenovak

Reaction score
Doesn't Verizon's so called unlimited data plan actually have a 5GB cap? Is that no longer true?

Yes, for 3G modems connected to PCs/Laptops/Netbooks, etc.
No, for 3G smarphones without tether (err... legal tether, that is ;) )

2amReply

Reaction score
@ thebowers: the 45 plan is only exchange. Even if they offered tethering for the droid it would be an additional fee.

I thought the $45 plan was for corporate lines. I can send/receive messages from an Exchange server. I am on the $30 plan.

nerdbox08

Reaction score

I thought the $45 plan was for corporate lines. I can send/receive messages from an Exchange server. I am on the $30 plan.

It was explain to me in 'stupid' terms. lol I guess they don't have much faith in me :(

It was explained that if you can access your 'work' email via web, you have no reason to need the $45 plan. If you need to access a private server, you would need the capabilities of the $45 plan.

Either way the tethering(which isn't offered on the Droid as of yet) is an additional cost.

If you have the $30 plan, the tethering will cost you $30.
If you have the $45 plan, the tethering will cost you $15.

Either way, for data(on either package) and tethering from Verizon it comes to a total of $60. It's just a matter of how it's broken up.

Someone correct this if they've heard otherwise, but for a while this is how I've known it to be.

bllarkin

Reaction score
$45 plan is for corp lines or lines that need Blackberry Enterprise Server connectivity.