2 questions(Changing an icon/Why can't I get good download speeds)

droid15

Reaction score
question no.1:
how do I change an app's icon?

question no.2:
Speedtest.net says I have a download speed of 11.71 mb/s and when I'm downloading a game in steam it works the way its supposed to but when I'm downloading something from the internet my download speeds are a lot slower. I'm pretty sure the place I'm downloading from doesn't put a cap on download speeds but my downloads are still extremely slow. The file I'm trying to download is spider-man for the playstation from doperoms.com

dylanthecat

Reaction score
There is an app, bettercut I think, that allows this.

A lot of things affect download speeds. The route for the transfer, traffic, bandwidth restrictions etc. Most all sites that get a lot of traffic have restrictions.

OP
D

droid15

Reaction score
Thank you for the answer, but I believe better cut requires payment and I know that there is a free version of bettercut called anycut but it doesn't have this feature. Are there any free alternatives?

dylanthecat

Reaction score
That is the only one I know of, but then again I never looked. Maybe someone else knows.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Folder Organizer has a free version. But I'm not sure if it's very crippled or not. Check it out. I use the paid version and like it a lot better than Better Cut.

As to the speed issue, you can try to find a place to use wifi as that is a lot faster than 3G.

OP
D

droid15

Reaction score
I tried the free folder organizer and it has feature allowing the user to change an apps icon, I tried it and it seemed to work but when I looked for the app in my app drawer it looked the same.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried the free folder organizer and it has feature allowing the user to change an apps icon, I tried it and it seemed to work but when I looked for the app in my app drawer it looked the same.

It doesn't change it in the stock app. You will see the change when you long press on a screen and add the app. When you do that, instead of selecting applications, scroll down and select Folder Organizer Items/Apps/ select app of interest. The app will appear on your screen with the new icon. You can do the same with Shortcuts. I made a short cut for all my frequently dialed contacts and put custom names and icons for the direct dials through Folder Organizer.