2 issues with new Droid X2

melnickmarc

Reaction score
I just got a Droid X2 a couple weeks ago. It worked great for a few days. Then it started resetting itself. I've been able to find a few threads on this, but no solutions other than to get a new phone. It resets itself when it's just sitting there, and a few times it reset itself while I was using a flashlight app (LED light). It has reset itself 3 times while using the flashlight app. And it has reset itself probably a dozen times while it was jsut sitting there. Once it would reset and then instantly turn back off. It got stuck in a loop of resetting itself so I pulled the battery for a minute and that worked until the next day. Then it started resetting again.

My wife got the same modle phone on the same day and has had no problems at all.

I've also been having trouble witht he GPS. It worked great for a couple days. But now it's quit working. I have the GPS widgit and when I turn it on it says "on" but it's red instead of green. And when I try to use any app that uses GPS it either uses the Verizon network to find me or in the case of the navigation program it just won't work.

I read to go to settings > security and location and then there will be an option to enable GPS. But I don't have that option in that screen, and mine says "Location & security" not "security & location" like I've read in troubleshooting guides online.

I'm thinking that a factory reset might be the next step. But I don't know how to back up the apps that I've downloaded and all the info that I've put into the phone.

Is a factory reset my best option? And if so how can I back everything up?

Thanks!

Last edited:

eddity

Reaction score
My opinion would be to go to ur service provider and have It looked like. Most companies will replace ur phone with other one of the same phone. Just make sure u don't drop it bc that can cause some of the issues

Sent from my MotoMB511 using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
As for the apps missing from the market, not all apps are in the market app. Try visiting market.android.com, and my moms DX2 runs flawlessly so maybe its just because she hasn't used it enough of there could be a few faulty units/software issues

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
M

melnickmarc

Reaction score
As for the apps missing from the market, not all apps are in the market app. Try visiting market.android.com, and my moms DX2 runs flawlessly so maybe its just because she hasn't used it enough of there could be a few faulty units/software issues

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

What missing app are you talking about? I don't think I'm missing anything. It just shuts itself off and the GPS quit working after a couple days.

OP
M

melnickmarc

Reaction score
bump

Anyone have any ideas on this? Or can someone tell me how to back everythign up to do a factory reset?

OP
M

melnickmarc

Reaction score
I just thoguht I'd update this for anyone who has the same problem. I tried to do a factory reset and it was still resetting. I endeed up having to have Verizon send me a replacement phone. It was a hardware issue.