2.3.6 update

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
The original is 744 but then there was an ota for 748. I had the 173 leak on my phone but decided to go back to 748 and just flashed the zip over on droidrzr that took me back. No need for rsd.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Ah Ha, so you can flash back to .748 through stock recovery...that should make it easy for those who have applied the leak to get back to stock.

nubia

Reaction score
Phone Arena reported that there is a soak test coming for the RAZR. If that is the case, you may want to hold off on updating.

When I had a Droid 2 global the update for gingerbread was leaked. The final version was slightly different than the leak. Those who had the leak had to sbf back to stock then do 2 ota updates to get the final version.

Being patient for a few more weeks might save some headaches later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

For me I dont have two more weeks i simply cannot take the data drops costantly. I use my phone for my business and simply cant wait till moto or verizon makes their minds up to update these defective phones. This "leaked update" works very well, I'm actually suprised the they havent sent it out yet. I have not problem reverting back to the old version to get any future ota update if need be. thanks again to the folks that helped me thru it.

nubia

Reaction score
I have both zips on my sd card so I can flash back if need be or visa versa.... seems easy i guess...

The original is 744 but then there was an ota for 748. I had the 173 leak on my phone but decided to go back to 748 and just flashed the zip over on droidrzr that took me back. No need for rsd.

nubia

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any new info on a timeline for the ICS update?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
This morning I was checking out the hands-on videos of the maxx and droid4 from the CES earlier this month and you can here the guy in the background say that ICS will come to the RAZR in Q2 2012.

I've heard the same thing. When Moto was frantically trying to "fix" the initial Bionic fiasco a Moto rep stated that the Bionic and the Razr would see a series of updates before a final upgrade to ICS. It would be a "transition" from Gingerbread to ICS...not a one time big OTA upgrade.

iguanad

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Each update will be like getting a slightly better phone each time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

shomee

Reaction score
wow, what a difference in 4g. Like night and day...update is well worth it.

todroid

Reaction score

Androidatic

Reaction score
The e-mails for the soak test were just sent out on Monday. The official update hasn't been pushed yet to the soak testers, at least all of them.

mpert

Reaction score
will this work if I have a canadian phone from rogers. en.CA

gator57

Reaction score
Hotspot

To those who have been using the update have you experimented with hotspot to see if works correctly now and by that I mean do all web sites load without changing any settings?