2.2 on alltel milestone?

apy1592

Reaction score
My cousin just got his milestone from alltel and its saying he wont get any future updates is there a way to push the update to the phone manually everything else says tellus and europe and stuff but nothing about the milestone from alltel any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

hoppermi

Reaction score
My cousin just got his milestone from alltel and its saying he wont get any future updates is there a way to push the update to the phone manually everything else says tellus and europe and stuff but nothing about the milestone from alltel any help would be greatly appreciated

He would have to root the phone, install a custom recovery, then install 2.2 for the motorola droid. DO NOT FLASH AN SBF FOR DROID AS THIS WILL CHANGE THE BASEBAND AND YOU WILL LOSE SERVICE. I know someone who has done this and he's bumming. Even with a verizon ROM you are not guarenteed full function. I know someone who has successfully done this and retained full function by swaping some files/settings from the stock rom.

Still interested?

OP
apy1592

apy1592

Reaction score
Of course haha I did the same before but no prize without risks right? Is there a guide for it or do you know

OP
apy1592

apy1592

Reaction score
I appreciate man thanks

hofmann21

Reaction score
@hoppermi

Do you know how to add the verizon droid to alltels network manually?

rhj911

Reaction score
Looking to do the same to my Alltel milestone, any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my A854 using DroidForums App