2.2 Froyo and Verizon Fascinate

Hawaiian1der

Reaction score
I know that someone out there has started this, but I was wanted to now how I could port Froyo to be able to work with the Verizon Fascinate. I know I'm a newbie and that someone definitely will say that this will be way out of my league, but I am ready and willing to go to any length to learn. If someone out there is willing to teach me something, I am an incredibly fast learner.

Please and Thank you,
Cameron

Nick177th

Reaction score
I know that someone out there has started this, but I was wanted to now how I could port Froyo to be able to work with the Verizon Fascinate. I know I'm a newbie and that someone definitely will say that this will be way out of my league, but I am ready and willing to go to any length to learn. If someone out there is willing to teach me something, I am an incredibly fast learner.

Please and Thank you,
Cameron

The Fascinate has already been rooted. It was rooted before it even hit the shelves. I can't direct you to the exact post but, search around. You may be able to find it under the "Fascinate" section of this forum. Now, as far as actually rooting your phone, please, please, please read up on it first. I'm a Droid 1 owner. You'd have to run over a D1 with a tank to "brick" it. Not sure about the Fascinate. Go to the "Droid hack" section to get the ins and outs of rooting.

OP
Hawaiian1der

Hawaiian1der

Reaction score

Please and Thank you,
Cameron

The Fascinate has already been rooted. It was rooted before it even hit the shelves. I can't direct you to the exact post but, search around. You may be able to find it under the "Fascinate" section of this forum. Now, as far as actually rooting your phone, please, please, please read up on it first. I'm a Droid 1 owner. You'd have to run over a D1 with a tank to "brick" it. Not sure about the Fascinate. Go to the "Droid hack" section to get the ins and outs of rooting.

I didn't mean rooted by all of that. I meant get Froyo 2.2 on the Fascinate. I rooted the phone the first day I got it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[

I didn't mean rooted by all of that. I meant get Froyo 2.2 on the Fascinate. I rooted the phone the first day I got it.

It's not available for the Fascinate yet. When it becomes available they will do an OTA distribution. You can check here from time to time to see if we have any news regarding when this will happen. Right now there is no estimate. There are no leaks yet either.

OP
Hawaiian1der

Hawaiian1der

Reaction score
[

It's not available for the Fascinate yet. When it becomes available they will do an OTA distribution. You can check here from time to time to see if we have any news regarding when this will happen. Right now there is no estimate. There are no leaks yet either.

Oh, see what I was thinking was that someone usually just ported the OSs.

Sent from my SCH-I500

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has made a froyo rom for the Fascinate yet. We are stuck with 2.1 for now.

tvett05

Reaction score
What happens when they send out a over-the-air update to Froyo and you have a rooted phone with 2.1? Do you have to manually install a ROM or does the phone get updated?

OP
Hawaiian1der

Hawaiian1der

Reaction score
What happens when they send out a over-the-air update to Froyo and you have a rooted phone with 2.1? Do you have to manually install a ROM or does the phone get updated?

Don't take this word for word, but I do think that you can unroot a phone. I'm not sure if having thebroot in the first place would screw with the OTA updates, but you can unroot it. Just in case :p

Sent from my SCH-I500

destroyerbmx

Reaction score
you can unroot, rageinthecage will max out your process allowing the last open process to keep you in super user. With those privilidges you install the SU command in the system and the .apk program to access it anytime. All you really need to do is remove the rage, SU command and APK, and you're all set with no way to tell you even did it. Clockwork is a little more than that as that reflashes your recovery, you need to restore recovery through odin or CWM package.

freeformlaw

Reaction score

Please and Thank you,
Cameron

Okay bud i found your post today and i have been running a 2.2 rom.
It's not perfect yet but they are getting there.

[ROM] Vanilla Froyo v0.2 - xda-developers

have fun with it and heads up it does not work on DL09