2.2.2 update on Orig Droid

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
My wife got a 2.2.2 update yesterday and I see my X is on 2.2.1. I am rooted and was wondering if the update is available for the non-rooted X'ers.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Just got it here on mine, not rooted.

It's early and didn't read , I have the D1.

turdbogls

Reaction score
if/when we get the update, you wont have to un-root (well, we haven't had to in the past to take an OTA update).
as long as you have all your stock apps, the OTA update will download and install just fine. if you have deleted or frozen stock apps, you will have to restore them somehow (usually SBF is the easiest way if you straight up deleted the apps)

FWIW, i believe this 2.2.2 update for the D1 was only for the android MMS text message glitch. so as long as your text messages are going to the correct people i wouldn't even worry about it.

i have a feeling they are going to push gingerbread to us B4 we get 2.2.2...but thats just me.

brubakes

Reaction score
What does the update of 2.2.2 from 2.2.1 actually do? My DROID received it this morning.

brubakes

Reaction score
What does the update of 2.2.2 from 2.2.1 actually do? My DROID received it this morning.

Nevermind, found it.

• Sporadic issues with unintended recipient list corrected for text, picture, video and audio multimedia messages.
  • Correct message populates when messaging application is opened and quickly accessed.

turdbogls

Reaction score
thats it eh?....

I believe so...this is the same update the nexus 1 and nexus s got when updating to 2.3.2. google finally fixed the sms glitch that effected like 1 in like 10,000 or something like that. wasn't an issue for most, but nice to know it shouldn't happen to anyone any more.

Rocko

Reaction score
Moto actually approved an update? Wow I am shocked.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nevermind, found it.

• Sporadic issues with unintended recipient list corrected for text, picture, video and audio multimedia messages.
  • Correct message populates when messaging application is opened and quickly accessed.

Yes that's all it does, but thanks for finding that, I want to copy that and show someone else having an issue about that.