2.2.1 update broke Swype

mitchb2

Reaction score
Updated this morning and Swype didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled it (still had the apk on my card), still no worky.

Anyone else?

Edit: unrooted D1, btw.

Last edited:

joekinde

Reaction score
I had the same thing occur, but Swype worked after I uninstalled and reinstalled both the installer and the app. Did you disable and then re-enable swype as the default keyboard?

Last edited:
OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I didn't uninstall the installer last time, so I just uninstalled both and reinstalled, and it still doesn't work. Swype is the default keyboard, and it shows the blue line as I Swype, but no text appears. Touch typing does work.

What's the latest apk? Maybe mine is old.

lilcdroid

Reaction score
ONLY FOR REGISTERED BETA USERS. Droid1
This is the new beta as of 12-5-10. Manuver to the link with your phone and install the new installer. Then run installer.
Make sure you un-install the swype and installer apk's currently on your phone first. Then download.
Note: this is a link to the installer only. You must already have a login and password id.
http://betainfo.swype.com/t/r/l/sdyijl/hditpyur/y

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Sweeeeeet! That did it. Glad I remembered my login.

THANKS!

iPirate

Reaction score
Is there a reason they are doing this annoying registration/beta process while other phones seem to have it preinstalled?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason they are doing this annoying registration/beta process while other phones seem to have it preinstalled?
It's in beta for phones that it's not preinstalled on. Despite what many apparently believe beta != "free to distribute".