2.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucknell2013

Reaction score
I have seen so many 2.1 posts on this website...It is getting excessively old, extremely fast.

When it comes, it comes. Until then, I'll reiterate what many have said here and will continue to say: don't get your hopes up. It's better to be surprised whenever it comes, then to be let down day after day.

Istus

Reaction score
ya its def. coming tomorow!!!! thats what i heard from this guy that washes windows in my building, he said that his best friends sister was told that it was a for sure thing by a verizon rep on the phone but the rep said not to tell anyone so i'm pretty sure we are good to go!!!!!!!!

Sounds so he said she said but my gut feeling says tommorow will be a good day.
Eat a cheeseburger? That way, your gut will say today is a good day!

Hypnotic

Reaction score
I have seen so many 2.1 posts on this website...It is getting excessively old, extremely fast.

When it comes, it comes. Until then, I'll reiterate what many have said here and will continue to say: don't get your hopes up. It's better to be surprised whenever it comes, then to be let down day after day.

I don't know how many times I've had to say this anticipation is a good thing and the people that don't like it should get used to it. One way or another people are going to post about it and talk about and find more info and get even more excited. Just deal with it. When 2.1 comes everyone will be wondering when the new update is anyways.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath.

until you get the patch required for the 2.1 to be installed you aren't getting 2.1.

-=Jason=-
I dunno about this. While I trust Miami... I can't see VZW rolling out two sets of updates. It took 4-5 days for 2.0.1 to roll out to all of us.

Given the model of 2.0.1's release... once the updates started... they rolled out to everyone. This has not been the case with the 'patch'. Only a small number got it then the updates stopped.

My guess would be that either VZW will release this patch and the 2.1 update is farther off than we all think, or the 'patch' will be lumped in with 2.1

VZW isn't going to spend 5 days rolling out a 'patch' only to immediately be followed by another 5 days of rolling out 2.1. It just doesn't add up.

Only time will tell.... and maybe some prying from Miami :icon_ devil: (just kidding, don't wanna get anyone in trouble, or have them lose their job)

Hypnotic

Reaction score
im disappointed that i havent even gotten the patch yet

if thats even what that is/was

I just read somewhere in this forum like two seconds ago that it was just a patch to allow people who weren't able to update their facebook now be able to. I'm thinkin they are wrong due to the fact it was like 61 MB of data so....It could just come tomorrow with 2.1 if it does in fact come.

Blitz

Reaction score
Excited if it is tomorrow, but if it's not it won't be too much of a letdown because I'm still exploring 2.0 :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just treat it like superbowl:beer2: sunday, ncaa basketball tournament....call in sick, break out the beers, brats, and burgers, and prepare for a show...

Note: If you really call in sick for an update, you either really hate your job, a really bad employee, or an over the top droid fan boy.

justicw

Reaction score
just treat it like superbowl:beer2: sunday, ncaa basketball tournament....call in sick, break out the beers, brats, and burgers, and prepare for a show...

Note: If you really call in sick for an update, you either really hate your job, a really bad employee, or an over the top droid fan boy.

Hey wait WHAT!!!! I'M CALLING IN SICK!!! You shouldn't talk bad about me :icon_ devil::icon_ devil::icon_ devil::icon_ devil:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope that everybody comes back and says "See hookbill, you were wrong."

But there if in fact they are going to push something out to our phones prior to the update then it just isn't going to happen. And even if they didn't push an update out first there is no way they would do everyones phone in one day.

So I'd just plan on going to work if I were you. :)

MdicnMan

Reaction score
ya its def. coming tomorow!!!! thats what i heard from this guy that washes windows in my building, he said that his best friends sister was told that it was a for sure thing by a verizon rep on the phone but the rep said not to tell anyone so i'm pretty sure we are good to go!!!!!!!!

I was thinking it was all hype, but now..gosh with a source like this I can't really question it anymore! WOOOOT!! :icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.