2.1 OTA delayed again

Status
Not open for further replies.

butch350

Reaction score
I not upset about no 2.1 - i got a two year contract still on my phone with
two months served for good behavior - I'm cool as long as the update makes it out within the next 22 months.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
vzw was terrible with updates for BB and their Android updates appear the same. I don't care either way, but so many dates have been given and then passed by with nothing that, IMO, Vzw is making themselves and Motorola look bad.

They should've just kept quiet til it was ready. Its happened enough already with 2.1 that I think people have a right to be upset now.

justbob

Reaction score
Yep, they should have not announced it until after it started rolling-out. That way we don't have to deal with the whining of all the breathless fanboys if the date happens to slip.

If they want to do large scale testing, I'm sure there are more than enough geeks out there who would opt-in for an early access program. I sure would.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Wrong again, that is from a wed post for todays rollout.

Why is that wrong again when I was referencing a paragraph that was dealing with todays rollout??

Why is that wrong "again" when it's the first thing i've posted about it??

Why is it wrong again when I said it was dealing with todays delay and you said it was a post for todays rollout??

Did I word it wrong??

I never said it was posted today...

Master droid... fail

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
Wow, all this hostility over a phone, too much. I do however get a kick out of the 'anti-root' bunch. If you don't feel like you have the skills to root your phone, don't. You shouldn't follow that lack of skills or lack of confidence with statements like 'i'll wait until my warranty expires before I void it'.

Maybe you should do some research before throwing out blanket statements about something you aren't familiar with and are too afraid to try/learn.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the Nexus One to come to Verizon, since apparently the engineers over at Motorola cant seem to get their **** together.

gonzdina

Reaction score
Can you imagine HOW many people are at their computers like so:

6rqxwg.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Haha! That's awesome.

hacku

Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha...

*deep breath*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha...

Why doesn't this surprise me? lol

hollowbox

Reaction score
How is this a motorola problem? The phones been out 5 months and your going to get your second update. The phone works awesome as is and is as good a phone as can be bought....yet somehow moto are idiots? Obviously 2.1 had some bugs because all the features do not work flawlessly on the nexus one and evryone who has tried the launcher on root roms knows its buggy. So they took their time to make sure they did not send out an update to the vast majority of normal folks and screw their phones up. If you can't wait root...if not just enjoy the bad ass phone you have and be happy when you get the new stuff. Really, besides the fantastic news and weather widget your not missing much.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a 43.168% chance that at 2100hrs the 2.1 otas will bue pushed. The 1000 that got the phones were probably techs and reps to test. SO get ready the update is still possible.
:icon_ banana:

"Im loving getting their hopes up". :icon_ devil: (vzw)

iPirate

Reaction score
Wow, all this hostility over a phone, too much. I do however get a kick out of the 'anti-root' bunch. If you don't feel like you have the skills to root your phone, don't. You shouldn't follow that lack of skills or lack of confidence with statements like 'i'll wait until my warranty expires before I void it'.

Maybe you should do some research before throwing out blanket statements about something you aren't familiar with and are too afraid to try/learn.
Really? "lack of skills" how difficult is it to follow directions? Don't be [Edited by FoxKat for content].

Maybe some people just don't give a **** about rooting?

Last edited by a moderator:

ips

Reaction score
Im used to this after coming from a BB, VZW delays updates that are ready all the time. Makes sense considering how many non tech people own smartphones now, imagine someone who had no idea what they were doing getting the occasional harmless FC or god forbid a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.