2.1 Info from Gizmodo

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What cracks me up is all these guys are copying each other with their slant on the 2.1 news. They are still saying about multitouch on the Maps 3.4 - when 4.0 is officially out there now. Again, nobody knows exactly when and what we'll be getting.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
All they did was copy the story from engadget and paste it on their own site. They even list engadget as the source.

unknowndroid

Reaction score
this place has been abuzz for days about it.

I understand that and I've read most of those threads. Just thought I would post something from a somewhat reputable source other than someone just getting on here and giving their opinion on what 2.1 will/will not have.

well, even though it is posted on Gizmodo, it is basically a rehash of the Engadget info, even includes the link to Engadget. So, really it's not anything different from "most of those threads"

JFDroid

Reaction score
If this is what comes with 2.1, meaning no live wallpapers, then we pretty much already have everything 2.1 will give us with 2.0.1 and root and a custom ROM right now.

The only difference will be a *maybe* better browser, and if a dev or team of devs are able to port over Live Wallpapers from the Nexus One to the Droid, and that's probably only going to happen if the Droid gets rooted in 2.1.

Honestly, I think most of us are smart to stay rooted and see what happens. There's virtually no enhancements to be had on 2.1.

Lame!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
"...Hate to say it, but this feels like even more Android fragmentation. Is anything—even the damn OS—ever gonna be the same between two phones again? Jeez..."

Welcome to the downside of "open source."

lumpysherman

Reaction score
The lady in the next cube has a 3rd cousin whose BF has a brother whose old college roomates kids semi-best friend works @ a VZW store part time as a janitor overnight and that person completely agrees with Gizmodo's and Engadget's blog.

armeddroid

Reaction score
What cracks me up is all these guys are copying each other with their slant on the 2.1 news. They are still saying about multitouch on the Maps 3.4 - when 4.0 is officially out there now. Again, nobody knows exactly when and what we'll be getting.

right..thas true
they are just copy and pasting their dialogue verbatim
not realizing about 4.0.
lol

swickdick

Reaction score
I'd take having the actual update over a ROM of it anyday. The specifics now being automatically on the phone makes it better for the majority of Droid users who don't bother modding their phone at all. Its still a cool update.