2.1 clock help

superglen99

Reaction score
Hey guys so I have the 2.1 clock and love it. The problem is when I put my phone in the dock every night it defaults to the old 2.0 dock mode and I don't know how to get it to default to the 2.1 mode. The option to select which mode for default is not available. Anyone know how to make it so the 2.1 clock is automatically launched when I place my phone in the charging cradle? Thanks in Advance!:motdroidvert:

roflcopters

Reaction score
I do believe that the cradle mode is actually a different program, so unless you have the 2.1 dock mode it's not going to change to it. I could be wrong though.

Blackmoth

Reaction score
you might try re-installing the clock apk and the next time you set it into the dock look for the "set default" settings.

otherwise, you could go into manage applications and clear the defaults for the new clock app

Blackmoth

Reaction score
I do believe that the cradle mode is actually a different program, so unless you have the 2.1 dock mode it's not going to change to it. I could be wrong though.

For me, installing the 2.1 clock app replaced my dock clock. I'd highly recommend it, it looks much better and uses your current background.

Blackmoth

Reaction score
Dang, didn't know. I had 2.1 News and Weather installed before I installed 2.1 Clock. Guess I avoided that problem pretty easily.

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
I have the 2.1 news and weather widget, that doesnt affect the clock. I cant unselect default for the original multimedia dock cause its not in the app list. I did an uninstall and re install and it didn't show the select default clock mode screen when put in the dock. maybe I need to un-install and reboot and re install? while I'm at it, any fix for the celsius only reading for weather?

ashkev843

Reaction score
I have the 2.1 news and weather widget, that doesnt affect the clock. I cant unselect default for the original multimedia dock cause its not in the app list. I did an uninstall and re install and it didn't show the select default clock mode screen when put in the dock. maybe I need to un-install and reboot and re install? while I'm at it, any fix for the celsius only reading for weather?

Try this...go into the settings....applications...manage apps.....then click on the menu button again, choose filter and it will bring up a menu and select all. This will show system apps too and you should be able to choose dock and disable the defaults on it. next time you dock it should ask you which one you want to use.

Last edited:

jasonb

Reaction score
the first time i used it it asked me which one i wanted to use as default. i picked the new one. i know there is a way in the settings to change the default. of course you could always just reinstall the .apk and it should ask you again the next time you bring it up.

the guy above me beat me to it. that should do it for ya.

OP
superglen99

superglen99

Reaction score
Thanks Ashkev, way to help a fellow Droid user out!! and thanks everyone else for your replies and help!