1400 minute family share unlimited data and text

Jcassell1

Reaction score
1400 minute family share unlimited data and text "BYE BYE"??

Just got off the phone with Verizon customer service and was told that after the 12 months were up on this promotion (Verizon Wireless Talk and Text Plus Data Promotion), it goes away and you are back up to paying $29.99 for the unlimited data. No more $20.00 discount. Any thoughts??? Have you heard the same?

Last edited:

psychicdroid

Reaction score
When I signed up for this I was told that it would be for as long as I had this plan. If it goes away in 12 months I'm going to be upset. There is no way I can afford 5 lines of data at $30 each. I wouldn't have added the other 3 lines if they told me it was going to go away.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I can call customer service 5 times and get 5 different answers for the exact same question. I would like to the that is the case with your call, OP, as I also remember this plan was good for as long as I kept it.

OP
J

Jcassell1

Reaction score
Will someone else call and see what they say?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're grandfathered on this plan until you change it then it's gone forever.

VZW_CS

Reaction score
Hello, I have completed some reasearch for the talk and text plus data promotion, and I am showing that this was a limited time offer. Customers who received the benefit of this promotion have it on their eligibile lines for as much as 12 months. It does not stay on the line for as long as the data plan is active on the line. When the promotion was added, a letter explaining the change to the account, as well as the details of how long the promotion will last. Sorry for any confusion regarding how long this promotion lasted. Thank you, ^CBVZWSupportFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

psychicdroid

Reaction score
I didn't get any letter when this was added to my account, and I definatly would NOT have added another 3 lines if it was only going to last 12 months. I was told by the person who put this on my account that I would have it as long as I didn't make changes to my account.

OP
J

Jcassell1

Reaction score
Same here. Please tell me this does not end after one year. There will be a lot of people stuck paying a lot of money to verizon if so!!!

jseah

Reaction score
The promotion confirmation letter I received (it was sent to my MyVerizon account online) just mentions the promotion start date, not the end date. That said, when I signed up for the promotion, the person who handled the sign up told me specifically that so long as my lines still met the qualifications, the promotional discount would not expire. FWIW, when I switched my kids lines from featurephones to Android back in March, I had to call back to get the discount added back, so now their discount start dates show up as March 2011, rather than Nov 2010 (when I originally signed up for the discount).

OP
J

Jcassell1

Reaction score
Hello, I have completed some reasearch for the talk and text plus data promotion, and I am showing that this was a limited time offer. Customers who received the benefit of this promotion have it on their eligibile lines for as much as 12 months. It does not stay on the line for as long as the data plan is active on the line. When the promotion was added, a letter explaining the change to the account, as well as the details of how long the promotion will last. Sorry for any confusion regarding how long this promotion lasted. Thank you, ^CBVZWSupportFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

No end date in my letter. Only the start date. Care to elaborate?