1. Phone rings 2. Go to answer 3. Only home screen is showing with no way to answer

sanlynn36

Reaction score
I have now gotten several weird "phone calls." The first time was soon after I used my phone and disconnected after a conversation. Almost immediately my phone rang. I go to answer and there is no option to answer the phone. I select the phone icon. It shows a phone call coming in from "me" at my cell phone number with no way to answer. The only way I could get it to stop ringing was to turn the phone off.

Last night at about midnight I saw I had missed a call, even though the phone was next to me at the time. The recent call list just showed "restricted number." About two hours later I realized my phone had powered off (0 battery). I plugged it into the charger and after a few minutes powered it back on. Five minutes later it began to ring. I rushed over to answer - and, as above there was only the home screen with no way to answer a phone call. Turned the darned thing off to get it to stop ringing. Turned it back on and it showed in the recent call list "restricted number."

Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas as to what is causing it and how to stop it from happening?

Sandy Lynn

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wow! Those are some strange happenings. Did you take note that when a call is coming in (or in progress) and you are on the home screen, you can pull down the status bar and there will be a notification of the call in progress? From there, you can answer (or end), or click on the notification and it will take you to the screen for the call in progress. From there you should have the full call handling functionality.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have now gotten several weird "phone calls." The first time was soon after I used my phone and disconnected after a conversation. Almost immediately my phone rang. I go to answer and there is no option to answer the phone. I select the phone icon. It shows a phone call coming in from "me" at my cell phone number with no way to answer. The only way I could get it to stop ringing was to turn the phone off.

Last night at about midnight I saw I had missed a call, even though the phone was next to me at the time. The recent call list just showed "restricted number." About two hours later I realized my phone had powered off (0 battery). I plugged it into the charger and after a few minutes powered it back on. Five minutes later it began to ring. I rushed over to answer - and, as above there was only the home screen with no way to answer a phone call. Turned the darned thing off to get it to stop ringing. Turned it back on and it showed in the recent call list "restricted number."

Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas as to what is causing it and how to stop it from happening?

Sandy Lynn
happened to me once. i had to call vzw and had to re-provision my 4glte simcard