1% Battery Icons on Liberty (possible?)

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
You can't just change what is in the XML. You'll have to do smali work and add id's. What I mean by id's is that you'll have to go through the java code and redo the id's (R.id.****) and tell it to grab the image for each increment percentage. You will also have to look in the /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_counter and make changes to that.

So that is 3 different areas you've got to make changes in it for it to work.

Could you comment what file needs to be run through smali?

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
You can't just change what is in the XML. You'll have to do smali work and add id's. What I mean by id's is that you'll have to go through the java code and redo the id's (R.id.****) and tell it to grab the image for each increment percentage. You will also have to look in the /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_counter and make changes to that.

So that is 3 different areas you've got to make changes in it for it to work.

Could you comment what file needs to be run through smali?

I can't tell you because I personally have not done any smali and baksmali editing yet. I'm still in the early stages of themeing and application development but if you ask Jrummy, he would be able to shed some light on which files it is. He would know because he has mentioned it before that changing it to 1% increments requires serious smali work and of course he's done the coding for that section for Liberty ROM.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
of course he's done the coding for that section for Liberty ROM.

Thanks for the fast response. Wish I remembered to subscribe. Anyways what do you mean by that statement? Bit confused. I know he is coding the Liberty GB alone from what I read, but are you saying he did the coding in liberty for 1%. I wouldnt think so or I would think it would be integrated. Supposedly it is very easy to do in gingerbread.
[HOWTO]: 1% steps on gingerbread - xda-developers

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
of course he's done the coding for that section for Liberty ROM.

Thanks for the fast response. Wish I remembered to subscribe. Anyways what do you mean by that statement? Bit confused. I know he is coding the Liberty GB alone from what I read, but are you saying he did the coding in liberty for 1%. I wouldnt think so or I would think it would be integrated. Supposedly it is very easy to do in gingerbread.
[HOWTO]: 1% steps on gingerbread - xda-developers

He's never done 1% increments for any of the various stages of Liberty ROM but he does know which files and coding it is to do it. All his various stages of Liberty ROM has always had 10% increments. It used to be different back in the early days I think, but changes have been made to get a more accurate reading on the status of the battery. He has to implement those files and coding into his ROM in order for us to be able to have a battery status on our notification bar and elsewhere. So, that's why I mentioned him to you because he's done it, but only in 10%, and also knows what files and coding and how to change it to 1% increments. That's why he said "doing 1% increments require serious smali work."