1.70.605.0 OTA update on rooted phone

av8shunmeckaneck

Reaction score
I keep getting the notification to update to 1.70.605.0 and have been rejecting it. My phone is rooted with cyanogen and I cant just keep hitting "reject". I finally accepted and I get the Android with Exclamation picture.

What is the solution for a rooted Thunderbolt and the new update? I have been looking everywhere and it seems the leaked version of the update causes waaaaayyyy more problems than the official update fixes.

Is there a rom that will prevent the prompt for update?

Thanks,

Sent from my laptop, cause typing on a phone is too time consuming.

derek33

Reaction score
what radio are you using? the reason i ask is i was using thunderstick rom with sense and using the mr2 radio and i never got any updates.

OP
A

av8shunmeckaneck

Reaction score
Under Software Information\Baseband Version is 1.16.00.0223r

I rooted using the dummies video method so Im not sure what all came with root other than I think there was a software roll back in order to exploit a loophole.

I am still getting the update message and I'm still rejecting it.

derek33

Reaction score
here try this and see if flashing the mr2 radio will help at all. if not let me know and ill see what i can dig up for you. also i know you might like that rom after flashing the radio try useing a different rom i ll post links.

-mr2 radio download link

[RADIOS]MR2 and MR2.5 radios - xda-developers

-here is different roms and a great place for rooting and stuff

Thunderbolt Android Development - xda-developers

-here is how to flash a radio guide

[video=youtube;eu-KLjHGGhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu-KLjHGGhc]‪How To Flash Radios To The HTC Thunderbolt‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

OP
A

av8shunmeckaneck

Reaction score
I loaded MR2 and now i have no service. Baseband Version is UNKNOWN. Same thing happened last night when I installed a Cyano rom. I had to revert to a backup because the radio stopped working.

Edit: Now I have been trying to reload my backup and now matter what I do the radio wont work now.