Yahoo Messenger

sdlink

Reaction score
I have the yahoo messenger app installed on a droid x. When I receive a picture file does anyone know where it is saved on my phone? I looked in Gallery and can't find it.

pierced_droid

Reaction score
why is there not just a regular yahoo messenger i am coming from using a blackberry and i loved that they just had a regular yahoo if anyone knows where i can find something like that please let me know i have been so sad using Meebo IM please help

I was told yesterday by the sales rep who sold me my phone that Yahoo doesn't work with Verizon because when negotiations were in process for the Droid, the choices were between Google & Yahoo & Yahoo didn't get it, so they're upset about it, which is why we have so many issues getting the yahoo programs/email setup. :mad:

Are you serious??? I would tell the REP to find a new JOb.... Wasnt to long ago when VZ was so excited that they fixed the Yahoo email issues LOL

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
why is there not just a regular yahoo messenger i am coming from using a blackberry and i loved that they just had a regular yahoo if anyone knows where i can find something like that please let me know i have been so sad using Meebo IM please help

I was told yesterday by the sales rep who sold me my phone that Yahoo doesn't work with Verizon because when negotiations were in process for the Droid, the choices were between Google & Yahoo & Yahoo didn't get it, so they're upset about it, which is why we have so many issues getting the yahoo programs/email setup. :mad:

Amazing....Verizon should save money and do away with training. Just send the reps to this site for two weeks before they start.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

plenoz

Reaction score
I'm using ym no problem in there evrything running well all contacts loaded normally and i can chat without any problem, and of course i'm not use verizon network.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bthpckrs

Reaction score
I looked at all the yahoo messenger apps. and decided to go with the regular yahoo messenger. It works great as far as I can tell. To help on battery life I went to running apps. and clicked the top on to force stop. If you click both they both start right back up. This way only the notification one runs and the other one stays off. I did make a mistake early telling someone it does not count (yahoo messenger) towards text message count as far as your carrier goes. To clarify this yahoo and google chat work off your data package so no they do not count as text messages. On the other hand I read in the market that Verizon Messenger do count as texts. Personally it would be a wasted app. Being I only have 200 anyone texts but can do unlimited mobile to mobile.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KellAsch

Reaction score
I installed the yahoo messenger app onto my droid. I had a blackberry before and loved how yahoo messenger worked on there. It had an option to set an alert so you would know if a contact came online. Does the app for the droid have that feature? If it does I can't find it. Do the other apps that work with yahoo have that feature?

datboiplayamade

Reaction score
Some one pm me and tell me y my video calling doesn't work on my ym ..droidx

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

devil94

Reaction score
Ym ude

A major undesireable effect of Yahoo Messenger is that it does not allow you to login using an alias, only the primary account ID.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
yahoo

I have it in process of inverting, Im not doing it just testing it is all :)
This is on both my D1 and my DX.
CAP2011021915311.jpg

CAP201102141913.jpg

DroCap201101152129.png

DroCap201101152127.png

here's what it looks like stock
DroCap201101091035.png

DroCap201101091036.png