Will not play ringtones!!!

gts_ambriz

Reaction score
My droid x will only vibrate even when on loud. It won't play the ringtones that came with it and the ringtones I created on ringdroid app. It used to play the ringtones but now it doesnt want to work. Ringtones only played on the first day I had it... Does anyone know why?

plakius

Reaction score
I had that same issue yesterday. A battery pull seemed to work for me

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Humpa

Reaction score
Does your speaker still work? I've seen defective speaker problems.

OP
G

gts_ambriz

Reaction score
I took the battery out as well and it still didnt wanna work. It wont even notify me anymore like it used to. If the speaker is defective then I wouldnt be able to play my media on my phone but I am able to do that. You think if I took the phone to verizon they would replace it? I doubt they even have any replacement phones in stock yet.

Humpa

Reaction score
I took the battery out as well and it still didnt wanna work. It wont even notify me anymore like it used to. If the speaker is defective then I wouldnt be able to play my media on my phone but I am able to do that. You think if I took the phone to verizon they would replace it? I doubt they even have any replacement phones in stock yet.
Right, that's why I asked if the speaker worked - I just wanted to make sure the speaker wasn't defective, which obviously it isn't if sound comes out of it. ;)

If do you bring it back, the first thing they will do (aside from looking at the menus) is a factory reset. So you might as well do that before you bring it in and save some time.

Humpa

Reaction score
I wasn't sure, so I went and looked for you.
.... go to Settings > Privacy menu.