Will I need to get a data plan for my Galaxy tablet?

skyfire322

Reaction score
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) earlier today at Best Buy. Obviously, it comes with wifi connectivity, but didnt say anything about data plans. The sales guy didnt say anything about either.

I plan on using the tablet alot, and there isnt really any wifi spots where I live. Should I call a service provider, or am I S.O.L. since I bought it retail?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) earlier today at Best Buy. Obviously, it comes with wifi connectivity, but didnt say anything about data plans. The sales guy didnt say anything about either.

I plan on using the tablet alot, and there isnt really any wifi spots where I live. Should I call a service provider, or am I S.O.L. since I bought it retail?

Did you get the WiFi-only model or one that has cellular radios? Normally, if you buy one with cellular connectivity at Best Buy, they'll ask if you want to purchase a data plan.

Edit: All I see on the Best Buy website for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is the WiFi-only model. If it is that one, there's no way to get cellular data from any carrier directly on the device since it lacks the required hardware. You'll either need a WiFi network or a cellular wireless hotspot (either a dedicated one or via a smartphone) in order to get internet on the tablet.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I bought the student edition for my wife. Ours is a great wifi tablet. Also added 32gb memory.

Mishawaka

Reaction score
Next big thing? It IS the big thing and it's already here :)
Samsung Galaxy tablet is a new amazing tablet launched by Samsung and I am very impressed with the device because its 600 x 1024 pixels, 7.0" display is looking very comfortable to use.This device provide best touch sensitive control of screen. It is available with android OS v2.2 and its also comes two storage memory so you don't need to bother regarding performance.

Elen

Reaction score
Yeah....very true...Samsung Galaxy Tablet is a the most happening thing in today's mobile and tablet market. It has lots of interesting and impressive features that can tempt anybody to have it. It is available with android 2.2 OS.