Wifi does not open when phone awakes from sleep

47cojack

Reaction score
I have to use the network extender for quality voice. Therefore I need my Wifi to to be activated when my phone comes out of sleep. It doesn't. I have to go into settings and manage networks to get it to work. Some time I have to turn on Wifi. I never turn it off. This is not good when I receive a phone call. My wife's phone, also a Droid x2, works fine and my settings seem the same. Is there something I changed to cause this to happen?

Hikenit

Reaction score
Try in Wi-Fi settings> Advanced settings> Wi-Fi sleep policy> select never. Use a toggle on your home screen to turn it on and off when neeeded.

I have to use the network extender for quality voice. Therefore I need my Wifi to to be activated when my phone comes out of sleep. It doesn't. I have to go into settings and manage networks to get it to work. Some time I have to turn on Wifi. I never turn it off. This is not good when I receive a phone call. My wife's phone, also a Droid x2, works fine and my settings seem the same. Is there something I changed to cause this to happen?

Last edited:
OP

47cojack

Reaction score
Wifi does not turn on when phone awakes from sleep

Try in Wi-Fi settings> Advanced settings> Wi-Fi sleep policy> select never. Use a toggle on your home screen to turn it on and off when neeeded.

I checked the setting as indicated and they were set to "never". I found that I had the battery saver set to max power saver and changed that to " no battery savings". Rebooted my droid and thought I corrected the problem but I didn't. One thing that concerns me is, when my phone awakes, sometime, not all the time, I have to go into wifi settings and actually check the box to turn on Wifi??? I don't know how that becomes unchecked.

Hikenit

Reaction score
The only other thing I would suggest is to look at the apps you have (if any) set to auto-end when the screen goes to sleep. In Apps> Task Mgr.

OP

47cojack

Reaction score
Wifi does not open when phone awakes from sleep.

The only other thing I would suggest is to look at the apps you have (if any) set to auto-end when the screen goes to sleep. In Apps> Task Mgr.

I turned off all apps with auto end but to no avail. Problem still occurs.

I appreciate your help and thank you for replying with suggestions.

OP

47cojack

Reaction score

I just got done working with Verizon to fix the problem and they had me do a factory reset. Seemed to have worked. Unfortunately, most of my contacts phone numbers are gone, even after exporting them to the SD card! Backed up all my apps and restored them w/o a problem. Now just getting everything back to the way I like it and re-inputting the phone numbers. Backup Assistant didn't do it's job.

Again, thanks for your help.

AndreaLeel

Reaction score
Use a toggle on your home screen to turn it on and off when neeeded.

OP

47cojack

Reaction score

Use a toggle on your home screen to turn it on and off when neeeded.

I tried that but it ididn't work. Did a factory reset and cleaned out the phone. Everything works now.

Thanks for replying!