Why can't ipad haters see..l

zakany

Reaction score
that the ipad is apple's way of doing an ereader.

Without an eInk display, it's a sub-par ereader. So it fails at even that.

Put another way, if this is an ereader it is, by far, the worst ereader on the market.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah as soon as Steve Jobs said, "It's better than a laptop" I immediately lost interest, because it does not even compare to a laptop...

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Wait a minute , Steve was right , it is better than a laptop/netbook , at being a paper weight , a very expensive paper weight at that . :motdroidvert:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most netbooks have a webcam, iPad doesn't. For use with Skype etc. (video calls)
Most netbooks have two outputs, iPad doesn't.
iPad can't multi-task....
The iPad can not do Flash content...

After all the hype, it's a sub par device. It's a really big iPhone with the same limitations as the iPhone.

Phoxus

Reaction score
Most netbooks have a webcam, iPad doesn't. For use with Skype etc. (video calls)
Most netbooks have two outputs, iPad doesn't.
iPad can't multi-task....
The iPad can not do Flash content...

After all the hype, it's a sub par device. It's a really big iPhone with the same limitations as the iPhone.

minus the calling LOL

droidfannd

Reaction score
My 2nd gen Kindle lasts for 2 weeks of reading on a charge...the iPad will last for 10 hours. For reading traditional books with text and no pictures...the Kindle will remain the better tech option for me. If I need to read magazines, textbooks, newspapers with photographs...I can see the allure of an iPad. But to call the iPad a "Kindle killer" is ridiculous. The Kindle costs $259 and comes with free 3G coverage. The iPad is vastly more expensive and is made even more expensive if you'd like to have your content delivered wirelessly.

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score
No GPS
No Camera (with LED Flash)
No Multitasking
No OLED Screen
An extremely disappointing 256 MB of RAM!
No Additional Touch Gestures
No Videocalling/conferencing/iChat
The enormous bezel is a massive eyesore. I thought Apple was all about design, so how they could make such a large and fugly bezel for a premier device escapes me.
No Handwriting Recognition or Support for a Stylus. A huge selling point of any Tablet is to be able to take notes in classes and such.
No Wireless Syncing or File Transfers
No File Management or Freedom to download files (even documents) from online
No Ability to run custom Apps not preapproved by Apple and sold via the App Store
A Very Low Resolution Display with 25% fewer PPPs than the iPhone or iPod Touch
No integrated TV antenna or Radio antenna (They even developed a HD DTV Tuner for use in cellphones to allow users to pick up OTA HDTV signals on the go! Why they didn’t include this technology in this device I won’t understand)
No Video Out
According to Apple’s page on the product, the maximum resolution it is capable of playing MPEG4s at is 640×480 resolution at 30 fps. Not even HD! It features a 1 Ghz processor that significantly slower than just about every single notebook on the market today.
No OTA Sync With Apple TV or Servers To Stream Video
No Low Reflective Screen Mode for high contrast Ebook Reading that doesn’t hurt your eyes
Only 64 mbs of HDD space
No Gamepad attachment for Gaming With Physical Buttons/Tactile Feedback
No ability to connect to a bluetooth mouse/keyboard
No RFID/IR to use it as a remote, or to tag it to yourself
No Replacable/Removable Batteries
No Java or Flash support (no hulu.com)
No USB Port (can’t hook it up to a printer to print off an iWorks project, cant connect a USB key that has some documents stored etc)
No ability to connect to an extrernal hdd, or even to pop in an SDCard Slot

Nuff said

Samckaz

Reaction score
No GPS
No Camera (with LED Flash)
No Multitasking
No OLED Screen
An extremely disappointing 256 MB of RAM!
No Additional Touch Gestures
No Videocalling/conferencing/iChat
The enormous bezel is a massive eyesore. I thought Apple was all about design, so how they could make such a large and fugly bezel for a premier device escapes me.
No Handwriting Recognition or Support for a Stylus. A huge selling point of any Tablet is to be able to take notes in classes and such.
No Wireless Syncing or File Transfers
No File Management or Freedom to download files (even documents) from online
No Ability to run custom Apps not preapproved by Apple and sold via the App Store
A Very Low Resolution Display with 25% fewer PPPs than the iPhone or iPod Touch
No integrated TV antenna or Radio antenna (They even developed a HD DTV Tuner for use in cellphones to allow users to pick up OTA HDTV signals on the go! Why they didn’t include this technology in this device I won’t understand)
No Video Out
According to Apple’s page on the product, the maximum resolution it is capable of playing MPEG4s at is 640×480 resolution at 30 fps. Not even HD! It features a 1 Ghz processor that significantly slower than just about every single notebook on the market today.
No OTA Sync With Apple TV or Servers To Stream Video
No Low Reflective Screen Mode for high contrast Ebook Reading that doesn’t hurt your eyes
Only 64 mbs of HDD space
No Gamepad attachment for Gaming With Physical Buttons/Tactile Feedback
No ability to connect to a bluetooth mouse/keyboard
No RFID/IR to use it as a remote, or to tag it to yourself
No Replacable/Removable Batteries
No Java or Flash support (no hulu.com)
No USB Port (can’t hook it up to a printer to print off an iWorks project, cant connect a USB key that has some documents stored etc)
No ability to connect to an extrernal hdd, or even to pop in an SDCard Slot

Nuff said
Very well said, it's a piece of useless crap