Whats the best calendar widget that integrates with Google Calendar

ice456789

Reaction score
CalWidget is FREE and does an excellent job with no setup needed.

Second that. You can customize the color of all the text separately (Date, different calendars, etc), customize the look, available in just about every size, and my favorite is that you can adjust the transparency of the background.

A few people got upset a couple weeks ago because the developer decided to add anonymous usage reporting, but after the backlash he has made it optional. Soon he will be adding scrollability and skins.

And it's free.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks! I will check it out!

I actually got it to work I tried it like 20x. I wasnt adding it to the main page at first i have 4 home screen I tried finally on the main home screen and it worked. Then I deleted it and put it on the screen I wanted and it worked again :) thanks for all the help!

One last thing. When I click the widget it always goes to the current date (today) is there a way when you click on the widget to be taken to the particular dated event instead of today?

thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
I just uninstalled pure Cal and installed Cal Widget and love it.

thanks for the heads up.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Calender Widgets - whats the best?

Funny, since I've been looking at so many screenshots I installed Android Agenda Widget and that looks like it may be even better.

Now I can't decide....

I downloaded it but this is what my screen looks like...

I think I may like it more than the CalWidget I'm currently using.

This is CalWidget....

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x854.
Home_1260750229438.png

This is Android Agenda Widget

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x854.
home_1260836221612.png

I just uninstalled pure Cal and installed Cal Widget and love it.

thanks for the heads up.

OP
S
Reaction score
nice now I got to check this out too LOL thanks!

One question these dont sync your calendars together like google and exchange (which I dont want) the two to be combine. How do I make sure that doesnt happen? Want to keep them seperate.

thanks

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Android Agenda Widgets doesnt support exchange so you have no problem there...it also allows you to choose in preferences what to use.

I hear that CalWidget is going to have an update soon with more stuff so I may keep both until I find one to settle on.

How come no one has complimented my background?

OP
S
Reaction score
Probably too much talkin!

Nice background. Serious! Nice colors/pattern etc..

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I change backgrounds more often than underwear lately :icon_eek:

What I've figured out is that you need something that is dark on the top and bottom and not too busy. So far this meets my needs pretty well.... until I find a cooler one.:icon_ banana:

Probably too much talkin!

Nice background. Serious! Nice colors/pattern etc..

OP
S
Reaction score
I agree the less busy! i want with the stock it has black background with like orange and red spots. Less buys is better imho.

gogumakilla

Reaction score
can anyone show me where i can download Pure Calender for Droid Eris? Thanks

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Android Agenda widget DOES support exchange (you have to have stock corp email loaded, add the account there and just select "never" for the update and sync calendar only). And it has an option to have separate widgets for calendars. So if you had 3 different emails, you could have 3 different agenda widgets each showing an individual calendar.

The other cool thing is Android Agenda also integrates Astrid right into it, so you can get rid of another icon/widget from your screen.

I use Pure Messenger for email and Android Agenda for calendar. Android Agenda also has a fair amount of customization (running transparent myself).

queueman

Reaction score
Calendar Widget

I have a Motorola Droid (first generation, now on Froyo). I use Calwidget. It is pretty cool, because, even with the free version, there is a lot of customization you can do. I have mine transparent with (currently) white letters. Right now I have the Aquarium Free live wallpaper, and you can see the fish swimming behind the calendar. There is also a paid version and I may upgrade because the developer did such a nice job. Same is true of Aquarium live wallpaper.
For just a calendar (no widget), try touch calendar. It looks nicer than the stock Android calendar and has pinch zoom. You can actually read each event. :motdroidhoriz:

jgumphress

Reaction score
I used Pure Calander Widget for a long time untill Launcher Pro Plus came out. Pure Calander has too many bugs and very unstable. Everytime I wanted to look at it all I got was "Problem Loading Widget" Launcher Pro Plus comes with a scrollable calander widget that is super stable.