What would you like to see/hear the Amazon Echo do?

Lindy Lee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
IPhone 6 & Huawei Ascend Mate
Email Amazon and ask them to remove the extra charge.

Reactions: cr6

BirdOPrey5

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
BirdOPrey5
I did and they did. I think the fact today is a legal holiday had something to do with it. When I track it Fed Ex claims they tried to deliver it today but business closed due to holiday- which I guess they mean their delivery business was closed because it's going to my house and I'm always here.

Lindy Lee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
IPhone 6 & Huawei Ascend Mate
So you should have it tomorrow, right? Looking forward to your comments.

BirdOPrey5

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
BirdOPrey5
Hopefully... we got some snow overnight, hope it doesn't delay delivery.

BirdOPrey5

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
BirdOPrey5
Will Alexa tell me the time in another city or country? My sister is in Costa Rica so if I ask "Alexa, what is the time in Costa Rica?" for example, will that work?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Will Alexa tell me the time in another city or country? My sister is in Costa Rica so if I ask "Alexa, what is the time in Costa Rica?" for example, will that work?
It should...

BirdOPrey5

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
BirdOPrey5
It's here!

For the first time in 5+ years my internet was/is acting up today with minute-long sporadic outages all afternoon- it screwed up the first couple attempts to get it setup. I tried from my laptop instead of my android phone and it finally completed and working great!

I love it so far- music, facts, weather. Of course my mother decided to ask a tax question from left field which Alexa couldn't answer but otherwise, spot on.

BirdOPrey5

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
BirdOPrey5
Back on topic- I'd like the echo to give random answers to question like-

Alexa, flip a coin.
The coin landed heads.

Alexa, roll a die.
The die landed on 4.

Alexa, roll two dice.
The dice landed on 3 and 5 for a total of 8.

Alexa pick a number between 1 and 10.
I pick 7.

EDIT- nevernind she does this already. Except for rolling 2 dice.

Edit 2 - She can roll 3 dice, but when I say 2 dice she understands it as "to dice" and can't process the question.

Last edited:

jrhow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s5
Definitely want to be able to edit my lists (shopping, to-do, etc.) with voice commands. Also would like the Echo to be able to access anything on my network, especially the printer. Would love to make a shopping list then ask the Echo to find coupons and print them.

admiral70

Reaction score
my wishlist

Access to read my Google Calendar
Access to post to social site (i.e. twitter, facebook, G+ etc...)
read posts on social sites (i.e. tweets and posts)

So far those are the major ones for me.

sedperry7

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I would like to see the Amazon Echo read kindle books from Amazon. The same it can choose music from the amazon prime music.

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
So it can do somethings on people wishlists:
Example Read google calendar,
Not kindle books but audible

I'd like it to talk to an "smart" IR blaster to control the TV, basically inputs, power, volume.
Be able to control the Fire TV and lastly stream music to other speakers. With that the ability of being able to speak to the echo without interruption to the speakers playing music.

SydDidIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M7
I look forward to purchasing an Echo at some time. There is one feature would cause me to buy it immediately. Several companies make a device to do it, and it seems reasonable that the Echo could as well. It would offer to me, a $100 value equivalent immediately for the cost of one of the other devices, thus reducing my mental purchase price of the Echo to $80. One such device is the RemoteLync from Kidde. The RemoteLync device plugs into a single outlet, listens for a smoke or carbon monoxide alarm, and uses the home’s Wi-Fi to remotely alert the homeowner on iOS and Android compatible phones and tablets. It would offer a real safety value by notifying the home owner via an alert of a home smoke detector or carbon monoxide alarm activation in one's home. There could be liability issues which limit Amazon's interest in doing this, but, if others offer it, perhaps not.

GAstorino

Reaction score
Would like to see Echo have ability to respond with Flixster and tell me where movies are playing, when and what times. Also maybe use Flixster to tell me dvd's out that day for sale.