Video Succinctly Answers Why Carriers Use Data Caps - Hint: Numbered Paper

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 16, 2013.

1. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    C'mon, who needs 250gigs of data a month? The only way to realistically hit that, without downloading illegal torrents, is if you watch A TON of Netflix//Hulu/etc.

In other words, people are using their broadband to ditch cable and on-demand movies for cheaper alternatives. Naturally, cable is going to respond to recover those losses. Someone else is going to provide content cheaper, so they are going to capture part of that consumer savings for delivering the service.

Or think of it this way - cable and other services were subsidizing your internet. Now people start dropping that cable and other services and there's nothing to subsidize your internet, so its cost must increase.

2. Jeyman

Jeyman Member

Ratings:
    +1
    none mobile is very easy to hit that 250GB a day limit. 5 people in my house. I use netflix as my only TV style. most of us do> I play video games its not hard to hit 250 GB in a single month. I have unlimited but iv looked at my data and its broke 2TBs. I dont use torrents as an fyi.

ya we are data hogs but well we live on the internet. My mother does her work on the PC, and it requires files to be moved. Large files.

Search tags for this page

clearly and succinctly, allowed carrier to