Video issues and battery plate issues

nofx1728

Reaction score
I have two issues so far (only had it for a few days).

1. I can not get video to go full screen on youtube. I know you have to go to more and then view HD but even then I still only get about 3/4 of the screen showing video. The commercial with the surf video shows the entire screen displaying video. Does it really not work that way or am I missing something? Also is there a way to automatically view the HD version of a video so you don't have to go to more>HD every time?

2. The battery plate on the back of the phone falls off about 5x minimum a day. Almost every other time I pull phone out of my pocket the back clip covering the battery comes off. Is anyone else having this problem?

Steve H

Reaction score

2. The battery plate on the back of the phone falls off about 5x minimum a day. Almost every other time I pull phone out of my pocket the back clip covering the battery comes off. Is anyone else having this problem?

Contact either Verizon or Motorola, free replacements are being sent out. The pad between the battery and the actual back cover is thicker and wider, makes for a better tighter fit.

Silver Member
Reaction score

1. I can not get video to go full screen on youtube. I know you have to go to more and then view HD but even then I still only get about 3/4 of the screen showing video. The commercial with the surf video shows the entire screen displaying video. Does it really not work that way or am I missing something? Also is there a way to automatically view the HD version of a video so you don't have to go to more>HD every time?

1. there are some youtube videos that will fit the screen. there is no integration into the youtube app that allows for the video to be stretched. so if a youtube video was recorded in 4:3, you'll only see it in 4:3. if it was recorded in 16:9, you'll see that, etc.

2. there's a spot for the divet in the battery door that rests on the phone (as a lock). this can be elevated with a small screwdriver to help fix your issue. moto and vzw will give you a new door for free, if you call and ask.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, I've got two Droids on my VZW account, and one one, the battery door falls off that frequently. On the other, it slides down, but has only fallen off a time or two since buying both of them in November.

I called Moto yesterday and had to give them the MEID numbers for each phone and they're sending me a new battery door for each. Expected in 4-5 business days.

As for the YouTube issue, I rarely just view videos IN the app, but whenever I click a link to a YouTube video in a website or anything, it always opens up in full-screen. I know that doesn't help, but just thought I'd share my experience...