Verizon New every two year

HelpeRX

Reaction score
I never buy expensive phones and I spent for the first time 150 dollars for the droid x from Verizon when It first came out, I had 50 dollars honored. When I went to get this phone one of the incentive was that I would get back the 150 dollars back when it was time to upgrade -- the credit wold be honored of how much the phone you bought it for. Anyways I called Verizon today and they said I have a 30 dollar credit! Now I could of sworn the Verizon rep also told me I would be honored when the time came but Im not sure what the scenario is at all? Anyone care to shed some light?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
maybe some sort of promotion or extra benefit? $30 seems like a strange amount to give back...

motoconvert

Reaction score
That's the amount of the NE2 credit I would have gotten...just $30...so I early upped and got the T-Bolt

androidgeek

Reaction score
Verizon reps will blow smoke wherever they see fit. Most of them have not a freaking clue. Best thing to do is speak to a rep on the phone because they usually make notes on your account and your activities. That's just been my experience not the gospel.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
the only thing I can think of that's $30 was the activation fee. Maybe they refunded you the fee?

better to call your rep and ask them yourself.

robaboudi

Reaction score
dude. don't sweat it and save yourself just about the entire cost of the phone and buy it from Wirefly.com. That's where I got my Droid from and it cost me $20 the most.... the only catch, you have to see your 2 year VZW contract out and then you are eligible (for a new every two) again. I took an existing account, ported over an AT&T Blackberry number to my droid and converted my original cell account into a mifi account. It was done, and I was up and running in 3 days tops.... WELL under the 5 or so days they had told me it would take. Since they are a web-only business who do not, or do very, very little advertising they are able to create a business model that is supported exclusively from amount of money the cell carrier's subsidizes the cost of the phone. So, that $150/$200 phone that goes for $600 without a contract can usually be found at wirefly for free to or somewhere under $50.... and all you have to do is use it and pay the service bills for it for the next 2 years and they let you do it all over again! hope this helps..... in 2 years! he h eh

Beka27

Reaction score
VZW reduced the NE2 discount from $100 to $50 all the way down to $30. You can buy yourself a case or car charger with the money you save. Barely worth it.