Upgrade or to not upgrade....

skipbl92

Reaction score
....that is the question? Here is the situation. I can upgrade on 2/28. I don't have the funds to buy a phone outright. So I was going to upgrade to the SGS5. Here is the issue. The Verizon Trade In & Trade Up program that nets you $100 - $300 promo ends 3/31/14 and the SGS5 releases on 4/11/14. So I could get $200 back in the trade in & trade up. My thought process is to upgrade on lets say 3/30/14 to get the $200 then return the phone (within 14 day window) and get the SGS5.

Is the above scenario even plausible?

Thanks!

alhadee12

Reaction score
....that is the question? Here is the situation. I can upgrade on 2/28. I don't have the funds to buy a phone outright. So I was going to upgrade to the SGS5. Here is the issue. The Verizon Trade In & Trade Up program that nets you $100 - $300 promo ends 3/31/14 and the SGS5 releases on 4/11/14. So I could get $200 back in the trade in & trade up. My thought process is to upgrade on lets say 3/30/14 to get the $200 then return the phone (within 14 day window) and get the SGS5.

Is the above scenario even plausible?

Thanks!

If that will allow you to get the phone you want I would do it. What phone do you have now?

alhadee12

Reaction score
I would as long as your in the window. What phone do you have now and will it be worth the upgrade?

OP
S

skipbl92

Reaction score
I ended up upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I upgraded from the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx.

alhadee12

Reaction score
What was it about the N3 that you decided it was the device for you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

OP
S

skipbl92

Reaction score
What was it about the N3 that you decided it was the device for you?

Back when the SGS4 came out I wanted that phone, but the only way to get it was to pay for it outright and that was too much money. So I decided to deal with my Droid Razr Maxx and its horrible UI. Later I decided I would give up my unlimited for the SGS5 and I had hoped it would come out in March, but the release date is 4/11/14.

VZW was running a promo where you get $100 in the trade-in & trade-up and that ended on 2/28/14 (my NE2 anniversary). I had an iPhone 4 that I could also get $100 for (ends 3/31/14).

The Note 3 is basically the SGS4, but with more RAM, larger screen, etc. So I decided to go with the Note 3, but I first had to make sure it felt good in the hand - which it did. Since the Note 3 is basically a SGS4 on steriods - to me it was a no brainer, plus the $200 credit to my account didn't hurt either!

Also the SGS5 hardware specs didn't wow me, but the software capabilities did.

Does that answer your question?

alhadee12

Reaction score
Back when the SGS4 came out I wanted that phone, but the only way to get it was to pay for it outright and that was too much money. So I decided to deal with my Droid Razr Maxx and its horrible UI. Later I decided I would give up my unlimited for the SGS5 and I had hoped it would come out in March, but the release date is 4/11/14.

VZW was running a promo where you get $100 in the trade-in & trade-up and that ended on 2/28/14 (my NE2 anniversary). I had an iPhone 4 that I could also get $100 for (ends 3/31/14).

The Note 3 is basically the SGS4, but with more RAM, larger screen, etc. So I decided to go with the Note 3, but I first had to make sure it felt good in the hand - which it did. Since the Note 3 is basically a SGS4 on steriods - to me it was a no brainer, plus the $200 credit to my account didn't hurt either!

Does that answer your question?

The $200 is a huge help. I've been using the Note 3 for my job and it's been great. I'm a coach and allowed me to sale my tablet and just carry the phone.

OP
S

skipbl92

Reaction score
The $200 is a huge help. I've been using the Note 3 for my job and it's been great. I'm a coach and allowed me to sale my tablet and just carry the phone.

I haven't even scratched the surface of its capabilities. I am looking forward to get more familiar with the S Pen and the Camera!

alhadee12

Reaction score
I haven't even scratched the surface of its capabilities. I am looking forward to get more familiar with the S Pen and the Camera!

You will enjoy the S Pen. I'm not a big camera guy, but I will videotape my opponents plays for scouting purposes. Lol.

alhadee12

Reaction score
You will enjoy the S Pen. I'm not a big camera guy, but I will videotape my opponents plays for scouting purposes. Lol.

You will enjoy the S Pen. I'm not a big camera guy, but I'll videotape my opponents plays for scouting purposes. Lol.

OP
S

skipbl92

Reaction score
You, sir or madam, made the correct decision.

It's sir and I feel I made the right choice too. Very happy with the phone. I have only scratched the surface if it's capabilities. Any links to some good tips & tricks?