Unusual bluetooth request?

Daragonis

Reaction score
I activated my droid a few days ago and I have been blown away by its capabilities in every aspect of what it can do.
My only problem I have ran in to is...texting.
With my old flip phone I used to use a t9 text method and the primary reason I enjoyed that was so I could easily text without looking at it (ie driving, not that I ever do that ;)).
So, I tried a soft t9 board and was less than satisfied in its ability to be used blind.
My question boils down to: is there any such thing as a bluetooth or even a wired keypad that would allow people who need to stare at the freeway while replying to a text message like me available? Thanks for input ahead of time :)

ldimick

Reaction score
I hope not. Freeways are the wrong place to be doing any texting.

OP
Daragonis

Daragonis

Reaction score
I have a voice text app currenty that I'm working with, it just is sensitive and still requires me to devote a lot of my focus to my phone having to talk so cleanly and e-nun-cee-ate my syllables lol.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Where are you located and when do you drive? Ill get off the highway.

You're scaring me if youd go spend money on a bt keyboard so you could text the whole time you're driving. Thats dangerous.

OP
Daragonis

Daragonis

Reaction score
Haha. I appreciate the concern. Its a bad habit but a habit I've lived with (implying I've yet to crash and die) for a long time. There's nothing reckless about the manner in which I do it I assure you, I'm not making a 3 lane change because I'm about to miss my exit while sending a message to my gf asking to be picked up from the hospital. and besides, my texting technique is not the post's concern. I'm just curious if there is any such device to accomadate my life. Heh. At least I'm not on the phone on a bt headset, writing a part number on a notepad on the steering wheel, while changing the radio station with the controls on the side of the wheel while merging onto the freeway at 5pm... I believe he set a record with that one...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's nothing reckless about the manner in which I do it I assure you, I'm not making a 3 lane change because I'm about to miss my exit while sending a message to my gf asking to be picked up from the hospital.
You don't need to be. Texting while driving is reckless, period. I've lost count of the drivers that can't perform basic driving skills because their focus is elsewhere. Do us all a favor and pull over or wait until you get to a stop.

OP
Daragonis

Daragonis

Reaction score
Do you really pull over every single time you get a text message? Every 45 seconds you're off to the side of the road? I mean really. That's ridiculous. I don't know anyone nowadays who doesn't text while driving. Move on from the subject please and stay on topic. This is not life advice forum. Thanks.

Droidist

Reaction score
"I enjoyed that was so I could easily text without looking at it (ie driving, not that I ever do that ;);))."

"is there any such thing as a bluetooth or even a wired keypad that would allow people who need to stare at the freeway while replying to a text message like me available?"

Get real man, you say something like that and you're bound to get flamed for it. Oh, and if you can't pull over every 45 seconds, then you shouldn't be texting at all. Plain and simple.

Silverwing

Reaction score
Tell your friends you are driving, and you can text them after. Or call them and use a hands free set. Either way, I am not telling you this out of concern for you. You are an adult, you can make your decisions and if you want to make dangerous ones - I can't stop you. I am telling you this out of concern for other people on the road, who are endangered by you, without their consent. Think of all the children that you could harm with your recklessness, and stop your texting for short periods of time while you drive. For other people's sake.

Liquid_G

Reaction score
really.. are you that important that you need to be texting someone every 45 seconds?
Maybe you should just hire a limo to take you everywhere you go so you can text your thumbs off.

OP
Daragonis

Daragonis

Reaction score
a for effort

Well.. while that is a fairly abstract concept and the comments scared me a little about changing your childs diaper while driving I feel i must congrtulate you for actually responding to an OPs question. Thank you.