Unrooting thunderbolt

bigrob15876

Reaction score
When you unroot, does it return the custom roms/kernals back to stock, or do i have return them to stock before unrooting?

S

SEGA

I would also like o add a question:

what radio do I need to get if I want to go back to stock?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
When you unroot, does it return the custom roms/kernals back to stock, or do i have return them to stock before unrooting?
It will install everything that came with the stock ruu so you don't need to return to stock before hand.

I think the latest froyo radio update is 1.16.00.0402w_1

S

SEGA

It will install everything that came with the stock ruu so you don't need to return to stock before hand.

I think the latest froyo radio update is 1.16.00.0402w_1

Thanks now my next question:

This thread seems to easy, just download and HBoot it? whats the catch? or is it really that simple?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yes it's that easy. You'll need to rename it PG05IMG.zip and then boot into hboot. This will flash the ruu and take s-off(root) but I don't think that one you linked is the latest OTA, but that shouldn't matter.

S

SEGA

Yes it's that easy. You'll need to rename it PG05IMG.zip and then boot into hboot. This will flash the ruu and take s-off(root) but I don't think that one you linked is the latest OTA, but that shouldn't matter.

Shouldn't matter because it will download the latest OTA after it's done putting my TB back to stock.

Not immediately, but maybe after 24-48 hours the Newly Stocked TB will get an over the air update?

Just weird that I see all these tutorials of tons of things to do in order to get the phone stock, and all this does is HBoot it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Some ruu's have s-off on and some are stock. Just need to find the right "stock" one.

Flash it and try to use Superuser. Shouldn't work at all.

azpilot

Reaction score