Texting issues

veggiop

Reaction score
I searched but didn't see anything about this:

When using my DX to text my friend on her regular Droid, my messages come in to her messed up. For example, I sent her a message about working late but all she received was "tomordinner for us". I didn't even type in the words "dinner for us" in the text!

Also, I see a pop up to add the green android smilies (you know, the happy face, embarrassed, etc) but when I place them within the text, they look like the typed characters for them but not the actual image. She sees them just fine on her phone but I don't when I send them or when I receive them from her.

Any idea what's up? Oh, my phone is unmodded, totally "stock" and I'm running 2.2

Thanks in advance folks.

brenneisec

Reaction score
I searched but didn't see anything about this:

When using my DX to text my friend on her regular Droid, my messages come in to her messed up. For example, I sent her a message about working late but all she received was "tomordinner for us". I didn't even type in the words "dinner for us" in the text!

Also, I see a pop up to add the green android smilies (you know, the happy face, embarrassed, etc) but when I place them within the text, they look like the typed characters for them but not the actual image. She sees them just fine on her phone but I don't when I send them or when I receive them from her.

Any idea what's up? Oh, my phone is unmodded, totally "stock" and I'm running 2.2

Thanks in advance folks.

never heard anything about the jumbled words in the texts but i know the smileys have always been like that for me. they show up as the picture after i send the message though

musicman

Reaction score
Have you tried using another sms app? Try handcent for little while and see if it works better.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidxethan

Reaction score
Handcent ftw have had it ever since I had the first Droid and couldn't be more happy

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Add another notch for Handcent SMS...does so much more than the stock messaging app, and tends to work a lot better in my experience...

Add in to that the ability to assign separate ringers for each SMS recipient and thats a winner for me...

droidxethan

Reaction score
Theres pretty much nothing wrong with handcent at all u can customize it anyway u want and I never forceclose problems at all its just filled with so much win