Stuck notification icon

musicmelanie3

Reaction score
So a couple of days ago I noticed I had a false "1 New Voicemail" icon on my notifications & status bar on my Droid Bionic. I can't delete or clear the msg. I tried to force it out by creating vm msgs & deleting them. I uninstalled & re-installed my visual voice mail & my stock voice mail, powered off the phone & did a battery pull. I even uninstalled my Handcent app. No luck. I would hate to have to do a soft reset & would appreciate any other suggestions that anyone may have. Thank you. :)

linuxgator

Reaction score
In the manage apps menu, try force closing voicemail and clearing data for it. Maybe that will help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try calling vzw and having them reset your vm...

OP
musicmelanie3

musicmelanie3

Reaction score
@94lt1...it took a few minutes but VZW was able to flush it out. Thank you. @altdspeed...I've always been afraid of bricking my phone but I may consider rooting again. Thank you, everyone, for weighing in!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

BillFetterley

Reaction score
I found on another forum (Verizon's) that you can go to the 'manage apps' and then selecting 'all apps', then find 'phone' and touch it to open the app manager to the screen where you can 'clear cache'. This does not do anything to your contacts and does release the notification icon at the top of your phone screen. It works and is easy - its what the Verizon folks do when they access your phone.

OP
musicmelanie3

musicmelanie3

Reaction score
I tried that also but the cache button was not "highlighted" so nothing would happen when I pressed to clear it. The Verizon rep was surprised that procedure didn't work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums