Shadow Era trading card game

Omnisjk

Reaction score
I've been playing this game a lot now, and i recommend it to anyway who likes or may have an interest in trading card games. There is some decent strategy involved and the multiplayer is great and has a ranking system It's free to download and runs fine on my HTC desire HD.

You can play it on your web browser too, which is a nice option. I'm hoping more of these type of games come to the Android market as this one is very well done.

Website;
Shadow Era Trading Card Game - Free TCG for iPhone, Android and Web

Market link;
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wulven.shadowera&feature=search_result

screen4802.jpg

screen4803.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you play against AI opponents, other players, or can you do both? Is it similar to Magic the Gathering? I used to play the actual card game version of Magic the Gathering a lot back in the day. Started playing when I was 11 and then when I graduated highschool back in '04 I ended up selling all my cards, which I got close to 5,000$ for all of them. Kinda wish I hadn't tho. They'd be worth even more now. I still play the video game version on my Xbox360 and PS3. So is it anything like the video game version of MtG? What's the basic setup of the game. How does it work?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
O

Omnisjk

Reaction score
To answer your first question, you can play against both A.I and human opponents. Just like yourself i also played magic the gathering and that was the only trading card game i've played previously. There are some similarities to magic. You have a resource system, instead of lands you sacrifice a card from your hand for a permanent resource that you can use to pay for your creatures(allies in this game) and spells.

The game is not as complex as magic, and some have said it is more similar to the wow tcg, but i wouldn't know as i have never played it.

But if you have played magic it shouldn't take long for you to get into this game, i found it very easy to get started and soon you'll be reading more in depth strategy on the website to become competetive in pvp :)

The dev is also very active and adds new cards quite regularly as well as fine tuning game balance and fixing bugs, adding new features etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Right on. I think im gonna give it a try for sure. I miss playing the actual physical card game version of MtG, I had a lot of fun with it. Lots of nights staying up late, have a bunch of people over and we would do tournaments and ladder matches. Or we would just have casual one on one or two vs two, and also have the people who were waiting for their turn, playing starcraft and Half Life, or other PC games on LAN, as well as a lot of Goldeneye on the N64. I miss those epic game nights. MtG was like chess on a grand scale. It really was a thinking man (or womans) game. And really stimulated the brain, so it was healthy for you to play.and it taught you strategy and how to think ahead. Just like chess originally taught me. Being good at chess is what helped me own people at magic. Of course looking at me you would never guess I was good at chess or played Magic the Gathering lol but I loved that cause people always underestimated me and just thought I was a stupid guitar playing stoner. But I was actually smarter then most of them lol. But then Yu Gi Oh had to come along and ruin everything. That game was so lame

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
O

Omnisjk

Reaction score
Yes i completely agree, i also missed magic (i stopped playing around 5 years ago now), and then this popped up on the android market. Give it a chance and it will grow on you just like magic, it may not seem as complex as magic was but it's still early days :)

smithadam576

Reaction score
with your typhlosion you might want to get rid of focus punch because its really hard to get one off.

skel1977

Reaction score
Going to try it. I have never played a card game so ill let you know how hard it was for me to get the hang of it.

mgeringer

Reaction score
Downloaded this on my original droid. Runs great. It would be a REALLY good game on a tablet or a larger screened phone. Good if you have 5-10 minutes to burn.

solar

Reaction score
The closest i've come to playing a traing card game was Metal Gear Acid. I'm not sure if ui'd like this type of game or not, but i'm curious

skel1977

Reaction score
Maybe im retarded but i cant figure out how to attack with a card, i only can figure out how to sacrifice. I see no attack button.

Riamus

Reaction score
You have 2 stages on your turn. Stage 1, you sacrifice a card (or click Skip if you don't want to). Stage 2, you use your cards. In stage 1, you have to either sacrifice or click skip. You can't do anything else at that time.

After you do one of those two things, you can then lay down cards and/or attack. To lay down a card, you must have enough resources. Your resources are your sacrificed cards. Each card has a number at the top left that tells you how many resources are required to play the card. If you don't have enough, you can't play it. If you play a card, it uses the resources for that turn, so you can't use the same resources to play multiple cards. However, if you have something like 4 resources and two cards that cost 2 resources, you can play both on the same turn.

As far as attacking goes, you cannot attack with a unit card on the same turn as you lay it down unless you have a card played that allows it. So if your card is "grayed" out, you can't attack that turn. Any unit cards that are not "grayed" out can attack as long as there are not cards played that prevent attacking. Some cards prevent you or your enemy (or both) from attacking for a certain number of turns. It may prevent attacking allies (the units) and still allow attacking the hero, or it may prevent all attacks. You can still use "spell" type cards to attack even if your units cannot attack. To attack with a unit if it's not "grayed" out and isn't blocked from attacking by some card, just click on the unit and click Attack. Then click the target (enemy unit or hero) and click Target. Repeat with all units that you can use and then end your turn.

Be aware that if you do not kill a unit with one attack, it will retaliate and damage or kill your unit.

Good luck and enjoy the game. As I mentioned in another post, my only issue with it is the difficulty if you choose a poor hero and that I can't manage to get the "free" crystals by downloading games through the ads.

*HINT: When choosing a hero to start the game with, avoid heroes who say they get a bonus to attack. That isn't much good in the beginning of the game because they can't attack until you get a weapon card, which you won't start out with. By the time you get a weapon card, you should be able to get some more hero cards if you want the attack bonus. You'll be better off getting a hero who can damage/kill units every few turns or bring units back from the dead.

skel1977

Reaction score
Oh sorry for the late reply. Anyways thanks for the reply. I have been playing this game and i love it.