Searching for & learning about the QSC6085

Habe

Reaction score
First off thank you to aliasxerog and everyone else working on this. The progress is really exciting. Unfortunately I don’t have any programming skills to help this along but I like others can certainly search for helpful info. This seemed to work well for the wifi driver so maybe it will help again. Here are some things that looked interesting to me, I’m not totally sure what I should be looking for but why not try. I have been looking for information on the Qualcomm qsc6085 chip, is this what needs to get working for cell service? It sounds like it is more than just the radio per chipworks.com

[FONT=&quot]CDMA (and more) Courtesy of the Qualcomm QSC6085[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Qualcomm QSC6085 is a multichip package featuring four chips, a baseband modem, multimedia engines, radio transceiver, and power management. It takes care of just about everything, including the GPS functionality on the device.[/FONT]

I was reading through the internal part lists that ubermicro13 posted and noticed the same baseband chip was in the OG Droid. Could anything be pulled from OG Droid releases and used to help get the radio working in the X (Third party development or Motorola)?

Here are the internals links again that ubermicro13 posted:
device_information [And Developers]

Teardown of the Motorola Droid X Smart Phone » Recent Teardowns » Chipworks

OG Droid source stuff:
https://opensource.motorola.com/sf/projects/droid

It appears the Sprint version of the Galaxy Tab has the 6085 chip, would there be something helpful in a developer working to get voice service working on that device?
Qualcomm QSC6085 chip | 40 of 54

And for other random links:

X FCC Info (some technical stuff in there that could help?)
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas...ame=N&application_id=223494&fcc_id='IHDT56LB1

Some sort of CDMA software (no idea what it does lol):
CDMA Service Software / ESN Changer, SPC Unlocker...

Milestone info w/ 6085 mention:
Hardware/Motorola Milestone - freesmartphone.org

XDA member working on some stuff with the 6085 chip in the Epic:
[Dev] AOSP Gingerbread - Page 3 - xda-developers

Maybe if anything this will spur some conversation or just get someone that understands this better than me thinking about it. The more I look for info on this thing the more it seems pretty common in a number of handsets and USB modems. I also may have just wasted a bunch of time reading about something that does not warrant discussion. Certainly worth a shot though.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
This is all great information! Keep up the great work!

This is the kind of community collaboration that will make this a successful project!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
This is a fantastic amount of information! I better get reading haha. Thank you very much for your contribution to this cause.

Remember guys, every little bit helps!!