Screen Lock Alternative

stuatc

Reaction score
With the issue of the "double" screen unlock I was looking for recommendations on any apps that may exist in the market that are an alternative to the standard swipe to unlock, or password to unlock. I would love to disable the 2.2 lock and use something from the market. Hoping some of you are familiar with a reliable app. Thanks.

duckworth

Reaction score
Looking for the same. I can't believe they messed up something so obvious in the 2.2 update.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well if your X is rooted I know CM6 has a setting that completely turns the lock screen off. Other than that there are one or two lock screen apps on the market. Pay for them and give them a shot, if they suck, refund :)

liferefugee

Reaction score
set your security settings to none, and then use widget locker to provide the slide bar only. Hopefully someone will be able to find a way to have the app once again act as the phone's slide bar so we can put a passcode/pattern behind it without having the double slide bar. Until then though, it works for slide bar only.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I like having JUST a pattern lock. I think Androids developed an amazing way of opening your phone by having a lock screen and password two in one. This way you can't accidentally open your phone and if you lose you don't need to worry about someone knowing your password. But now the sliding, and then password it's annoying...especially when you're having a conversation or something with somebody sending texts back and forth.

B.Jax

Reaction score
My security settings have None greyed out and below it it says" disabled by remote phone administrator "

duckworth

Reaction score
My security settings have None greyed out and below it it says" disabled by remote phone administrator "

This happened to me a result of Corporate Sync. You can either remove and re-add the corporate sync account, or if you have webmail access to your Exchange email you can go into the options -> Mobile Devices -> Remove Device from List

lterry913

Reaction score
screen mode widget lets you go between screen lock...no lock and turn on using all side buttons... or always on for web browsing