Samsung update

Raydee35

Reaction score
I get a icon that pops up on my phone almost every day but when I hit it nothing happens. I thought you were supposed to go to the Samsung hub to do the update but there is nothing there. Here is a pic of the update icon I get.

ForumRunner_20140302_145944.png

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Droid Forums

bbtkd

Reaction score
I get a icon that pops up on my phone almost every day but when I hit it nothing happens. I thought you were supposed to go to the Samsung hub to do the update but there is nothing there. Here is a pic of the update icon I get.

View attachment 69920

Huh, should bring up Samsung Hub app so you can update your Samsung apps. Try running it directly.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
If I click on the icon it just goes away and if I go directly to Samsung Hub there is nothing there about a update.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Well I restarted the phone and the update icon went away.... I am sure it will be back tomorrow though.

dan j

Reaction score
I have the same issue with the Samsung update. It's been like that for months. I did a search here and someone said to enable any stopped Samsung apps --> done but didn't fix the Samsung apps update problem.

Good luck

cmurphy81

Reaction score
I had the same issue. The s health app is one up the updates open it and it will update. I have not figured out what the other app is.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Go into settings, more, application manager, and clear the application cache for Samsung Hub and Samsunghub Updater.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Go into settings, more, application manager, and clear the application cache for Samsung Hub and Samsunghub Updater.

Same issue as the OP and others. I cleared cache as described yesterday. Today I got the notification. When I clicked on it, it just disappeared again.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
OK guys I think I figured it out. I had a couple Google Apps that were turned off on the phone but when I went to the settings /manage apps and looked at the turned off apps there was a checkmark next to the display notifications for the app. Once the boxes were unchecked I no longer get the update icons on the phone.

smmfc

Reaction score
I tried turning off the notifications on the 3 apps I have turned off and I still got am update notification today and it still just disappeared when I clicked on it.....

DRX1983

Reaction score
I tried turning off the notifications on the 3 apps I have turned off and I still got am update notification today and it still just disappeared when I clicked on it.....

If I understand correctly, I had the same problem and I noticed that after the 4.3 update my Samsung App icon(the app itself) was missing. What I did was go on goodle and find the latest Samsung App APK and install it on your phone, then go ahead and run it and check for updates (it should start updating those apps that you keep getting notifications for and you're all done).

dan j

Reaction score
Uggg, how do I stop this stupid notification? I still cannot update the Samsung apps but Samsung keeps asking me to do it.

Nenda2

Reaction score
I'm getting a "security policy update" needed but when I go to settings and click on "security policy update", I get "update failed". Get this msg whether I'm on wifi or not. Been like this for several weeks now. Any suggestions? Thanks