Samsung Galaxy S7 microUSB Confirmed in Leaked Pic [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s7-leaked-pic-with-microusb.jpg

The latest leaked image of the Samsung Galaxy S7 confirms earlier suspicion that it would not be receiving USB Type-C. As you can see from the pic above, the new device (assuming the leaked image is legit) still has the same old microUSB which is still the standard on most devices.

It might be surprising to see Sammy not jump on the latest high-tech bandwagon for their Galaxy flagship series device, but perhaps they simply were too far in development on the device to include it with their case design. You can bet that the Galaxy S8 in the future will likely include it.

What do you folks think? Would this keep you from purchasing a Galaxy S7 if you were already thinking about it?

Don't forget to check out our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S7 section for more discussions: Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Plus, S7 Edge & S7 Edge Plus

Source: Twitter

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I wonder why Type C isn't being pushed more. The market is luckily getting more and more products but if Manufacturers don't push it we'll be on MicroUSB for ever.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I think the Note 6 will be the first to get Type C

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I agree. I think since the S7 was too far along in dev that they did not want to redesign for USB-C. With no Talk or Rumors of Note 6, we will Probably see this in the Next Flagship Device

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And any times rumors that it'll follow Apple by leaving out a headphone jack can also be extinguished.
Since none of my Samsung devices since the WM Omnia have ever been connected to a computer I own or use I'm not sure why the desire for usb-c plus all my otg cables, portable batteries, etc have the old plug. I don't want to be like an isheep and have to change or pay mega bucks for a .03 adapter.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
As long as it has quick charge capabilities (which I'm sure it will) I'm ok with it. Less replacement chargers for me to purchase.
As @Miller6386 pointed out, the Note 6 will more than likely have USB Type C.