Samsung Galaxy S2 - PC Mag

Icculus760

Reaction score
this review lists it w/ AT&T's "4G" network capabilities....which (if right) makes it even more likely to run on Verizon's "4G" network too. What were all those "the phone is too thin to support 4G" rumors about then?!?

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know thats what I was wondering. Maybe I'll have to go to att. I hope the price comes down though.

Sent from my fascinate

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
At&t's network is not like Verizon's LTE network. Although neither are true 4G, Verizon's is closer to true 4G. This in turn requires hardware which as of right now, will not fit into the slim form factor of the GS2.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The articles states that it gets 4.4mps down. Thats pretty fast. Thats 4 times as fast as verizon 3g. Vzw 4g is iffy at times. If vzw gets this phone only on 3g and att on hspa+ at 4mps, I am off to att. Vzw has a real line of crap coming out.

Sent from my fascinate

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
You are correct but Verizon's 4G LTE is completely different and newer technology so it is still in its growing pains. It also has more potential

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
I too like th GS2 but I know there are phones that will be heading out that will only falter in comparison to GS2 because of the screen. Not because of the resolution but the "brightness". Don't count Verizon out yet and who knows maybe we will get lucky and Verizon will get a modified 4G version.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I have been holding out for a 4g phone with decent specs. The SGS2 is gonna be a superior phone, but limited if it doesnt have 4g. Hopefully vzw comes out with a good 4g phone soon.

Sent from my fascinate

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
I understand that. I bit the bullet and got a TB to lock me into unlimited but still have another upgrade for when "the" right one shows up. Then I will hand down my TB to my daughter.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I liked the TB. Have the issues of battery and reboots been fixed yet?

Sent from my fascinate

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
The battery isn't great but it is ok dependent upon your customization and usage. I still am suffering from it rebooting a lot and am looking into if it will be solved by rooting and if it Reboots while rooting if that will have an disastrous affect

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm hopefully that gets fixed soon. The TB definitely has potential.

Sent from my fascinate