Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) Now Getting Android 4.3 Officially

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs3-lying-flat-angle-shadowed.jpg

Samsung started officially rolling out the Android 4.3 update to the Galaxy S III (GT-I9300 version). This is only for the unlocked non-carrier versions of the device for now, and the rollout is starting in Ireland first. Here's a changelog:
  • GALAXY GEAR Support
  • TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
  • ANT+ Support
  • Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
  • New Samsung Keyboard
  • GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
  • New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
  • New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
  • Daydream
  • Driving mode
  • Actionable notifications
  • Move-to-SD-card feature
  • New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
  • New Additions in Notification Centre
  • Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
  • Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
  • New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
  • Full screen Samsung apps
  • New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
More than likely a version of this update will start rolling out to carrier branded versions of the SGS3 within the next couple of months.

Source: SamMobile

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope the S Voice is a step up. I don't really like it that much as it is on the S3 right now. I use Assistant because of it.

skipbl92

Reaction score
It was until I saw this. Apparently Android 4.3 is On Hold for Samsung Galaxy S3 Because of Performance & Battery Issues.

skipbl92

Reaction score
I read that the S3 will be getting Android 4.4 after the release of S5. Yet another reason I am done with Moto.