Rooting of the Samsung?

rjpear

Reaction score
Whats the staus of the other Samsung Android phones in this class as to their ROOTING ability? Has there been any inroads in that area? THX..

OP
R

rjpear

Reaction score
Good info.. I look forward to the "FacinOID!"

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
all the other Galaxy S variants have been rooted to my knowledge so i would assume it wont take long to root the fascinate....

spacesearcher

Reaction score
a friend with the captivate has his rooted and has been throwing other custom roms on it all over the place. Sounds pretty easy. He's got it so that he can use any of the other carriers market places.

smilepak

Reaction score
I'll wait until the Fascinate get root'ed and able to use WIFI Tether before I look into buying. But with the recent leak of the HTC EVO coming to VZW, hmmm...

muzhik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus One
all the galaxy phones are rooted easily, so i think fascinate will be rooted from day 1

GHII

Reaction score
I'll wait until the Fascinate get root'ed and able to use WIFI Tether before I look into buying. But with the recent leak of the HTC EVO coming to VZW, hmmm...

It comes stock with a tether app

OP
R

rjpear

Reaction score
. But with the recent leak of the HTC EVO coming to VZW, hmmm...

I'm with ya there... Almost jumped on an X but the "Chip o' doom" scared me away from that...then the Facinate was my next Target.. but the EVOid .. Wow.. that's my new target...

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
The galaxy s series of phone are very easliy rooted and able to have custom roms on them. They come unlocked out of the box (no locked bootloader) Pete rooted him moms and even made a rom which removes some of the bloat ware from it all in the first day his mom got the phone.
Ive been looking into this phone and running a galxy s theme and love the look and specs so I may make the jump.Sounds like a good phoen to play with because of the ease of rooting,roms and what not. Hopefully it will have a good developer backing.

howdy

Reaction score
yea this is one reason I am going Samsung as well, should be a quick root. I'm thinking within a few days of release for sure..