root with reolutionary

steelersfan

Reaction score
I used the following link to try to root my friends thunderbolt. Revolutionary and [video=youtube;-UK_CiB2SYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UK_CiB2SYk[/video]

I followed the instructions and didn't have any problems until I tried to reboot into clockwork recovery. Is there any reason that it would get hung up at the htc screen when i rebooted and not boot into clockwork? It did say pdanet was connected when I expected clockwork to come up. Could this be the problem? thanks

jakaba

Reaction score
I've never really had many problems with clockwork recovery until the past few days which I believe has to do with the recent updates. I would get hung up at the same place if i try to boot recovery from rom manager. How did you try to boot to recovery? Try selecting recovery from the bootloader. Just make sure clockwork mod is flashed.

OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
I haven't tried to boot into clockwork from rom manager yet. I simply used the video and when I selected recovery from the options it would stay at the htc logo (around 7:20). I was unsure if this meant that clockwork did not flash correctly.

porsche996

Reaction score
I haven't tried to boot into clockwork from rom manager yet. I simply used the video and when I selected recovery from the options it would stay at the htc logo (around 7:20). I was unsure if this meant that clockwork did not flash correctly.

It *might* mean that. It might not. Do a battery pull, then try again. Mine takes a bit to get to the recovery manager if I go through the hboot menu to get to it.

OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
It *might* mean that. It might not. Do a battery pull, then try again. Mine takes a bit to get to the recovery manager if I go through the hboot menu to get to it.
When you say try again does mean to try the whole revolution process again or just to try to get to clockwork by using rom manager (did not install yet) or power off and hold the power and volume buttons when turning on to get to hboot and then try to get to cwr? (also I did wait about 10 -15 minutes on the htc logo trying to get to cwr) Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you sure that you flashed clockwork recovery before trying to.boot into it???

sent from a Th3orized 'Bolt using the Droid Forums app
...waiting for the \/IGOR...

OP
S

steelersfan

Reaction score
Are you sure that you flashed clockwork recovery before trying to.boot into it???

sent from a Th3orized 'Bolt using the Droid Forums app
...waiting for the \/IGOR...

I am positive I attempted to flash clockwork before I tried to boot into it on his phone... I wasn't sure if there was simply a problem with revolution flashing cwr or not since it would hang at the htc logo. I followed the video in the op and didn't have any problems until around 7:20 or so cuz it got into cwr and I got stuck at the htc logo.

D2G CyanogenMod7

DROID11

Reaction score
I'm attempting to use the same method but having a different problem. When I go to install the HTC drivers it fails and has an error with an error message and a bunch of letters and words. I do not have HTC sync nor have I ever had it installed. Anyone know the problem?
Thanks in advance.