[ROM] RezROM - Reclaiming Your Rezound by lllboredlll

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dfnewsig.png

This was taken from the OP from xda-developers, please visit the OP here for downloads and to say your thanks!
(please do not post alternate download links unless given approval)
(This is NOT my ROM, I am simply re-posting it here for us)

Credits to lllboredlll

Please make sure to visit the original thread for further support/discussion and other resources​

Rooted - Deodexed - Zipaligned
1.02.605.6 Base

clearbutton.jpg
home1.jpg
quicksettings.jpg

dialer.jpg
appdrawer.jpg
HTC_IME.png

Includes:
  • 5 Column App Drawer
  • Transparent App Drawer
  • HTC IME Trace with Arrows
  • De-bloated (Other bloat moved to data/app for easy removal)
  • Built in screenshot (Hold Power then Home together)
  • 1% Battery icon
  • Advanced Power Menu
  • No Recent Apps in Notification Menu
  • Extended QuickSettings
  • Clear Button Remap
  • Transparent Notificatoin Background
  • Customized Theme
  • Black Button Dialer
  • Over-scroll glow
  • Wireless Tether
  • Init.d script support
  • Swap partition enabled
  • Modified Stock Kernel
  • Auto kernel installtion script
  • Ramdisk tweaks
  • Zipalign on boot
  • System tweaks
  • Other secret stuff

I ask that ROM builders do NOT use my mods without consent. Some of these are a pain to do and kanging my work isn't a respectful approach to development.

YOU MUST READ POST 2 INSTRUCTIONS IN ORDER TO INSTALL THIS ROM. THE METHODS ARE NOT EXACTLY LIKE OTHERS. IF YOU NEGLECT TO READ AND HAVE ISSUES. THAT YOUR OWN FAULT.

Big thanks to Chingy51o for answering all my questions and the source code for which some of these mods were accomplished with.

Thanks to the following:

Ching51o - source code
-sqn - source code
Nilsp - Dialer base
con247 - kernel install script
scrosler - extended quick settings
Me - persistence​

Please follow the instructions on how to install! They are slightly different that other ROMs!

a. Download RezROM from the link in the OP found here.
b. CHECK THE MD5 AFTER PLACING ON YOUR SDCARD. Windows user can download md5 checksum shell extension (optional, but recommended).
c. Reboot your device into recovery mode.
d. I recommend a wipe for this installation. A lot has changed.
e. Install the ROM as you normally would BUT here's where it gets different.
f. Once installation is complete your device will reboot to fastboot. Select bootloader and FOLLOW the prompts.
g. When complete reboot your device and reep the benefits.

Please make sure to visit the original thread for further support/discussion and other resources​

jchammer123

Reaction score
Don't know why this thread didn't get much attention. Has anyone tried this rom yet?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

arbs27

Reaction score
I'm on it now, it's nice, cool features.

jchammer123

Reaction score
I'm on it now, it's nice, cool features.

It sure looks good. Any issues? Is there any other battery display options other than the circular one shown?

I'm only curious because nobody has posted anything about this rom.

Also, what does it mean when it says "check md5 sum" what am I supposed to check for? Sorry if it's a dumb question, lol.

arbs27

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues, and I believe it's the only battery icon, unless you purchase ROM toolbox pro. Gives you the ability to change it.

Checking md5 sum, is just to verify the ROM download, isn't corrupt.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Thanks for the response on that. What exactly am I looking for when I check the md5 sum?

mjones73

Reaction score
Thanks for the response on that. What exactly am I looking for when I check the md5 sum?

When you run the md5 tool against the file you downloaded, it should match the md5 posted in the post with the download link, in this case it's 3641d3d777e552567b0364349720dc65. If any changes/updates are made to the rom, it will have a new md5 and it will be updated in the post with the download link...

jchammer123

Reaction score
When you run the md5 tool against the file you downloaded, it should match the md5 posted in the post with the download link, in this case it's 3641d3d777e552567b0364349720dc65. If any changes/updates are made to the rom, it will have a new md5 and it will be updated in the post with the download link...

Thanks. I usually download and flash roms from my phone, I guess for this one I need to use a computer huh?

ljclifton

Reaction score

What tool do you use? Do you do it from your phone? After flashing, wiping, on two or three occassions, I get a message after bootloader that says main version is older... Failure to do something??? Anyway, it boots and runs fine except Visual Voicemail and my Wireless wont turn on????? Help, this is a cool ROM.

thePJA

Reaction score
What tool do you use? Do you do it from your phone? After flashing, wiping, on two or three occassions, I get a message after bootloader that says main version is older... Failure to do something??? Anyway, it boots and runs fine except Visual Voicemail and my Wireless wont turn on????? Help, this is a cool ROM.
In the .rar, there should be another .rar in the "kernel" folder called PH*****.zip (some string of numbers I can't recall). Inside THAT one, there's android_info.txt. Look for "mainver: 1.02.605.6" and replace the numbers with "2.01.605.11"
That's how I got past that error. Confirmation would be nice, as I just put the ROM on last night, I actually need to reflash because of weird display errors.

This ROM is very nice and all, but the wallpaper selection screen sucks. I can only choose at max a tall rectangle of the picture instead of (almost) the whole picture. Any idea on that one by chance?​

jvanderholf

Reaction score
Mail Application issue

I'm new to the Android world, and have never done anything like this before. I spent hours all over the internet, researching, hoping to find out as much information as I could before unlocking and rooting my Rezound (which I just bought today). After feeling confident enough to move forward I installed this Rom. Everything went well until the final boot to the main screen. Now I keep getting an error message that says: "The application Mail (process com.htc.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." The only option it gives me is to "Force Close", which I do, and then it tries to load something. After a few seconds the same error message comes right back up. Please help! As I said, I just bought this earlier today, and now I can't access anything because the error keeps getting in the way.

thePJA

Reaction score
I'm new to the Android world, and have never done anything like this before. I spent hours all over the internet, researching, hoping to find out as much information as I could before unlocking and rooting my Rezound (which I just bought today). After feeling confident enough to move forward I installed this Rom. Everything went well until the final boot to the main screen. Now I keep getting an error message that says: "The application Mail (process com.htc.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." The only option it gives me is to "Force Close", which I do, and then it tries to load something. After a few seconds the same error message comes right back up. Please help! As I said, I just bought this earlier today, and now I can't access anything because the error keeps getting in the way.
Ok so I'm no pro at this, but after my friend helped me install Amon RA a few days ago, I've flashed my phone at least 5 times now. You may want to reflash, but first go into recovery and wipe factory reset, /system, /cache, I also wiped the Dalvik. (optional, but suggested if your battery life starts sucking - wipe battery stats when your battery is at 100%, or flash when your battery is at 100%) Then reflash as normal, and when it starts up SKIP through the inital setup until you reach the main screen and reboot. After it restarts, go back into setup and set up your Google account and such. I had reflashed this ROM several times, but yesterday I switched to Nils' Business ICS Sense, just to try out a new ROM. I liked RezRom, but I'm going to try out a few others :)