Reduce Moto X Pure Screen Resolution To 1080p For Increased Battery Life

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I am getting pretty excited about the Moto X Pure. I ordered mine as soon as pre-orders went live yesterday. There have already been some early reviews of the device. Engadget is reporting Mediocre battery life. Now people are looking for every way possible to solve any battery issue that may be there.

The Moto X Pure ships with Quad HD which means you are going to get a sharp and colorful display. The only downside to a QHD display is the fact that it consumes more power. If QHD is not an end all for you then you might want to consider lowering your resolution to 1080p to save a bit of battery. You will need to be stock rooted for this to work.

1. Install the Terminal emulator app
2. open the app and type "su" to grant super user access
3. Next type "wm size 1080x1920"
4. Next type "wm density 420"
5 Finally type "stop && start" to re-render all unchanged drawables and pre-loaded system components.
6. Your phone will reboot and you are now looking at a 1080p screen

via XDA

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm considering this phone for the wife. She wants something newer than her Note 4 and this phone has the same screen size and possibly a better camera.

If we end up with the Pure I will try this out.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
One way or another, I believe this is my next phone within the month. Will let it run as intended at first, but I'll keep this trick in mind if I find the battery life to not meet my demands.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm thinking I may get it and have it naked. With the $80 protection plan.

tommyz

Reaction score
I'm thinking it will be very hard to tell the difference between 1080p and QHD on this screen size. Waiting to see real world test before I would do something like that. I'm really thinking about ordering one of these and will keep it stock at first.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
This sounds like a awesome option. Wish I could try this on my Note 5

kregstrong

Reaction score

I am getting pretty excited about the Moto X Pure. I ordered mine as soon as pre-orders went live yesterday. There have already been some early reviews of the device. Engadget is reporting Mediocre battery life. Now people are looking for every way possible to solve any battery issue that may be there.

The Moto X Pure ships with Quad HD which means you are going to get a sharp and colorful display. The only downside to a QHD display is the fact that it consumes more power. If QHD is not an end all for you then you might want to consider lowering your resolution to 1080p to save a bit of battery. You will need to be stock rooted for this to work.

1. Install the Terminal emulator app
2. open the app and type "su" to grant super user access
3. Next type "wm size 1080x1920"
4. Next type "wm density 420"
5 Finally type "stop && start" to re-render all unchanged drawables and pre-loaded system components.
6. Your phone will reboot and you are now looking at a 1080p screen

via XDA
How much does it help battery life? Or how is the battery life like normally? I have a moto x 2014, wondering if its similar or better than mine

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How much does it help battery life? Or how is the battery life like normally? I have a moto x 2014, wondering if its similar or better than mine

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
The new X is just starting to ship. Not many quality reviews on it yet, but many call the battery life "mediocre" or "average". Sounds like nothing spectacular, but it SHOULD get most people through the day.