Purple notification led????

drpool

Reaction score
This is the answer, yahoo mail and IM will give me a purple blinking indicator light.

bandaidmd

Reaction score
Wow ,thanks for the help repeating what was already posted. What were looking for at this point is how to turn it off.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
bandaidmd said:
Wow ,thanks for the help repeating what was already posted. What were looking for at this point is how to turn it off.

I know things get frustrating, but he's only attempting to help. But I know how to turn it off.

Go into settings, go into about about phone, legal information. Now swear and cuss at the phone as loud as you can. At this point remove the phone from any protective case and then stomp on it.

Baahahahaahahaha. Sorry.. I couldn't resist.

I hope you guys get this resolved with yahoo. My wife's maxx does the same thing.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

pfunk

Reaction score
The purple led also flashes when you stop syncing with the yahoo server, and mine started flashing when I started using Smart Actions. Battery Extender stops background data when the screen is is off. This triggers the yahoo mail flashing led when the screen is off and then goes away when you to check to see what it is because now it's syncing again because that is how the smart actions works

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

maiachris

Reaction score
I use the Yahoo Mail App and that has a purple notification when I have new mail. Must be some app your using.

THANKS mack1951!!! My phone would make weird notification sounds & blink purple/pink, but didn't see any notifications...I tried powering off my phone, but was still there..lol.. and thanks to you I checked my YahooMail (that I just installed a week ago and that's when it started, but didn't realize it until now) and changed my settings...it was driving me CRAZY...so thanks again!

giog99

Reaction score
THANKS mack1951!!! My phone would make weird notification sounds & blink purple/pink, but didn't see any notifications...I tried powering off my phone, but was still there..lol.. and thanks to you I checked my YahooMail (that I just installed a week ago and that's when it started, but didn't realize it until now) and changed my settings...it was driving me CRAZY...so thanks again!
maiachris,

how did you change th setting in your yahoo mail app?? I'm trying to do it and Idon't see any option as far as notification settings and LED lights. What's there just mentions Vibrat and Show in Status Bar, both of which i have unchecked. I'm still getting the Purple light.

ablank

Reaction score
Liteflow lite in the play store, so many colors and options.

Esimn78

Reaction score
Im pretty sure yahoo fixed that now with the 2 newest app updates they just sent out

Reaction score
Im pretty sure yahoo fixed that now with the 2 newest app updates they just sent out
Just wanted to note and say mine blinks purple and has the latest update. Was driving me crazy until I found this thread.
The worst was not knowing why it was blinking purple. LOL
I would rather it not sync until I open the app. Dunno how to change that though. Already have everything turned off in that app for notifications, etc...

andrew79

Reaction score
When you open the Yahoo! mail app, press the Menu button and choose Options. One at a time, press Account Settings for each email address you have. Next choose Notification Settings, then press Choose Sound, then pick No Sound and press Done. This seems to have worked for me, but make sure to do it for each account installed.

Reaction score
When you open the Yahoo! mail app, press the Menu button and choose Options. One at a time, press Account Settings for each email address you have. Next choose Notification Settings, then press Choose Sound, then pick No Sound and press Done. This seems to have worked for me, but make sure to do it for each account installed.

Yep. Did all that and went back to confirm. LOL
It seems that it has email push but no way to control it.
It only blinks when the phone screen is off/locked. weird.

billat908

Reaction score
Mine is put out by viewing my Yahoo inbox. I have the Yahoo mail app. I had an update last week, but the purple light first appeared over the weekend.

Dutch7

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I had the same issue and was able to track down the culprit on my S7. It was the Gmail app. Even though I thought I had gone into system settings to block all notifications from it, I had to go into the app itself and turn off the notifications. Has not blinked since.