poweramp question ...

zero7404

Reaction score
noticed that when i browse album folders on the main screen, multi-disc albums dont have correct track sorting because of itunes numbering scheme ....

so i take it poweramp does not have metadata support for disc numbers?

when i look in album view, i see songs sorted correctly.

since my library in itunes is big ... id rather avoid changing the naming convention just to display songs right on my fone.
ive been creating playlists manually in the stock music player, but was hoping to automate the process by using poweramp.

posted via android

Boardwalk30

Reaction score
Try switching to "Library" from "Folders". Folders is the default organization method of PowerAMP, and Library is the built-in organization method of Android. This may fix your problem (I hate apple so have little experience with iTunes problems). To do so, simply go to

Settings->Startup Screen-> Select "Library"

and

Settings->Default List For Folders/Library-> Select "Library"

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
its not an itunes problem per se ... its missing the sort ability due to added metadata in the music files ... ill try this out and see if the albums sort correctly.

edit: the sort order changes for some multi-disc albums but not others. since the file names only have track numbers in their start, id have to go and create new folders for the other discs in the album and place disc 2 files in there ...

so im going back to stock player, the added features dont do much for me and dont want to create new playlists in poweramp all over again ....
posted via android

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
it appears there is no app out there yet that goes into metadata detail such as what im looking for. kind of surprised theres no really detailed and closer to itunes like player for android.

the short term solution that works is to long press on the album in albums list view and press play .... it plays multidisc albums in correct order.

posted via android