Please Help! Will I ever get a custom ROM flashed?

medic52313

Reaction score
I am about to give up on trying to flash a custom ROM, but I figured I would take my last shot here and hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I have a Droid X2 running 2.3.4 gingerbread. I feel like I have done everything needed, but cannot get a custom ROM on it. I flashed clockworkmod recovery via ROM manager, then I purchased DROID bootstrapper from the market. When I run bootstrapper, my phone just reboots as normal. I have also tried just putting my phone into recovery manually, but this method doesn't give me the "advanced" option where I would wipe the Dalvic cache. I have even tried SBFing to a fresh 2.3.4 and rerooting and doing everything over again, but no luck. Why will the bootstrapper not reboot my phone into recovery? I have done it both plugged into AC charger and not. It has just never worked for me, just keeps rebooting my phone normally. I feel like the my bootstrapper issue is what is holding me back, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Can someone please help me? I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!!

OP
M

medic52313

Reaction score
Do I still need to flash clockworkmod via ROM manager first? Also, is this the same DROID bootstrapper that is in the market? The market version is the one that isn't working for me. Thanks.

OP
M

medic52313

Reaction score
Also, do I need to unzip the ROM file prior to placing it on my SD card? Or does it install from the zip format? Thanks.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do not use rom manager... it's not supported...
As far as the zip for.. Leave it zipped and untouched.. it installed from the zip format

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

OP
M

medic52313

Reaction score
Got it!! Finally I have Eclipse up and running great! Thanks alot for all of your help. Im glad I joined this forum. Hopefully I can pass this on to others in the future.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good to hear everything went right now!

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"