picture in picture for YouTube and netflix

jwilly216

Reaction score
I've noticed that the only videos you can watch with picture in picture are videos that are played using the phone's native video player. Streaming video works as long as it's playing through that. Is it possible to get YouTube or Netflix to play with pip?

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like there's many regular posters here in the s3 forum. It's pretty dead around here.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Why would anyone use/need picture in picture?

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
I use it all the time. I can watch the morning news live while texting and checking droid forums among lots of other uses

JFrawls

Reaction score
I've noticed that the only videos you can watch with picture in picture are videos that are played using the phone's native video player. Streaming video works as long as it's playing through that. Is it possible to get YouTube or Netflix to play with pip?

That's weird I would have thought YouTube would have done it at least since its a google app...

Batman8

Reaction score
There are other Android video players that will do pip (like "Stick It" for example) but YouTube and Netflix did not incorporate that feature in their players so you can't do it in those particular apps.