Phone upgrade pt. 2

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Stuff will start up much faster than you are used to. There are no "load" times with apps on the Rezound like there were on the Droid 1 (even overclocked Droids). Everything feels instant.

GPS will feel WAY faster...it will lock on you almost instantly. Download speeds for large files will feel significantly faster. Sense will take some getting used to...it feels very polished but also feels very canned. I ended up installing GoLauncher over Sense and I am happier with it. But a lot of people like Sense a lot, and the Rezound has the latest version of it.

OP
J

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Yeah if I get sick of Sense I know I can install a different launcher and semi disable. What i do like is the stock lockscreen and definitely want to experience "Beats". I am happy for my choice and won't have remorse, although missing the OG droid already. It's like getting a new puppy after your old friend has past away.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Yeah if I get sick of Sense I know I can install a different launcher and semi disable. What i do like is the stock lockscreen and definitely want to experience "Beats". I am happy for my choice and won't have remorse, although missing the OG droid already. It's like getting a new puppy after your old friend has past away.
Yeah I didnt realize initially that the Lock screen is also Sense, and I have had people "ooo" and "ahhh" over it several times. It is flashy. I decided to keep it. I also like HTC's Gallery app.

The problem with Sense is that you cannot really turn it "off" unless you root. It will still run in the background. Golauncher replaces the home screens and app drawer, but thats it. If you install GoLauncher on top, Sense will still run in the background. I have not had problems with this however. It still benchmarks at 2256 on the new quadrant, which is very good for any stock tier 1 phone on Verizon right now.

Aside from the stock player, only Poweramp now supports beats audio. The app has to specifically have code for it in order for it to activate. It doesnt depend on the earbuds at all, it is all about the app side.

The only thing I miss about the Droid 1 at all was the build quality. I really liked the metal and glass construction. There are not any phones out right now that match it IMO. Even the Razr doesnt feel as solid to me.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Linpack is not very consistent...I was getting between 50 and 75 MFLOPS each run.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind with Quadrant...the Rezound will see a speed boost with ICS. Gingerbread does not take as full advantage of multi-core phones as ICS. So the Nexus scores are normal, but the Rezound (and presumably Razr) scores are lower than the "real" score will be.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Yeah, the speed increase will not be as significant as the Droid 1's was with Froyo (My droid more than doubled in speed with froyo). But it will be noticable. I know one guy on here who ran the old quadrant on his rooted Rezound with GB and ICS...went from 5400 to 6500. That about 20% I think.

OP
J

jrracinfan

Reaction score
24hrs with the Rezound and I have 0 regrets. No issues at all and runs like a champ. I am very pleased.