PayPal experts?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I detest PayPal but sometimes you have to use it..I refuse to use my checking account because I've seen people get their accounts froze when scammers would pull crap..

That said ..i have a 72$ card I'm trying to get to load..I keep getting error 202..this isn't the first time that this has happened but before it was with 2 500$ cards...

It's ridiculous..anyone know any tips or tricks?

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Called their stupid number and they say they can identify our identities..I'm like...don't you try playing global cop with my money you fake morons..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I keep getting error 202 which is they couldn't verify who I was?? I called in to get verified. .and low and behold it's a national problem and they aren't sure when it can be fixed?

@Miller6386 I've had friends sell parts from forums and eBay and though the parts were new the buyer called in a claim and they got screwed .it shut down their checking accounts too..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
EBay has gotten to be a nightmare over the past 6-7 years and I won't use them either. Selling cars on eBay is a joke. My parents tried selling their 5th wheel and their Audi on EBay last year and I can't even begin to tell you how many scammers tried to take advantage of them. It sucks because EBay used to be such an amazingly reliable platform to buy and sell anything & everything. Craigslist it's just as bad if not worse.
As for PayPal, I've had nothing but positive experiences with them over the past 15+ years. I only need to carry my PayPal card as it's linked to my checking account, my PayPal credit card and an alternate credit card. So if I don't have any funds on my actual PayPal card, (which I rarely do), it defaults to my checking account. But I can also go in the PayPal app and change that on the fly, so I can pay with my PP credit card or an alternate CC. If I don't want to add anymore charges onto my credit cards and I don't have any funds in my PayPal account OR my checking account, PayPal will still pay the charges and simply withdraw the money from my checking account up to a week later. So even if I'm broke, I always have money via PayPal.
Now their prepaid/load as you go cards are a joke. As are most reloadable credit/debit cards, green dot, etc.
Out of all of my debit & credit cards, I'd choose my PayPal card without question everytime. And, I've always received decent customer service from them as well. Not always quick to resolve an issue or the most courteous, but they've always resolved any problems I've had over the years.
Obviously YMMV, but my experience with PayPal has always been positive.

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have used PP and eBay without issues for years... I link PP to a prepaid debit card so there are no links to my actual accounts.

Just a precaution...

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Same here on the PP card, and I don't use ebay for much, only if I can't get it on Amazon...

Sent from my New Note 7

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The problem alleviated itself. I was able to send the money..but I have a lot riding on that. Too insecure ...I'll be doing it another way.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thanx for all the help and info..need a new way to send cash. Obviously

Reactions: cr6

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Google Cash works too

Sent from my New Note 7

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Thanx for all the help and info..need a new way to send cash. Obviously

When you figure it out... send me some....lol

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Bahaha haha...I'll get on that.. wouldn't have to do stuff this way where you're at..lol