Notification problems

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't believe it is GO SMS because I uninstalled it and ran both handcent and stock at different times and still had the problem of not receiving texts.

Even though I think I 'fixed' the problem of not receiving texts at all. I still ran into an occasional problems with GO SMS not notifying me when I did receive a text.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Haha I just read your post at the top about not getting them from your significant other. That's who I'm not getting mine from. I have two probems. I either don't get it at all or don't get notified but who knows. I know why the 1st one is happening, but not the 2nd.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Our phones are trying to help us... Haha jk:)

I usually have some kind of Sms Unread mod on my screen so even if it doesn't alert me I can see they've replied by that. Or after a while I'll just go look in the app and see I have a text.

Everyone on here seems to have wives, I must be in the minority or something haha

Last edited:
OP
ChuckDz3

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
I thought I fixed the problem but I am actually still having both of the problems occuring.

First one being that sometimes I won't be notified via vibrate/sound or blink of the LED but it will be displayed as an unread message. The second problem (which is the biggest) is completely NOT receiving the text at all.

Still trying to pinpoint what the cause might be. Seeing that more people are having this problem makes me believe that it might be something with this MIUI build.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have both as well, maybe a third. Sometimes I won't get it at all, I'll get it but it won't vibrate/blink but will be in the notification bar, or it won't vibrate/blink or be in the notification bar. I'm trying to remember if it did that while I was on stock the other day but I can't remember. I'm thinking it's a Google thing. They just had to fix those problems people were having and now there's this.

Icculus760

Reaction score
Seeing that more people are having this problem makes me believe that it might be something with this MIUI build.

not true. the first time i noticed the problem was with miui, but part of my troubleshooting including wiping & flashing different ROMs (BB, SS, Lithium, and I can't remember what else I tried). point = not miui specific

Well in conclusion, heres what I did:
-Complete factory reset/wipe (like always)
-Flashed the newest MIUI 1.1.14.1 along with the *228+ update
-Did not restore data on any of my texting applications

annnd now I believe I have fixed the problem

interesting -- i'll try not restoring SMS data via miui backup & hope it sticks!

keyblade

Reaction score
I've had the issue with only Go SMS thus far on any ROM. Other installs Go SMS works fine. I just went back to the stock messaging application with SMS Popup.